Should vets pay lower corps fees than rookies?

I saw that first year for madison was $2000 and thought that was hight. But I checked out the website and that covers everything but getting there. I hate it when corps aren't up front with all the costs. Your dues might be $1300 but you have this fee and that fee. Come on, give it to me straight.

Madison states exactly what is covered right here:

http://www.madisonscouts.org/Audition%20FAQs.html

What is included with my dues?

Your dues will cover your housing for winter camps, everyday rehearsals and the entire summer tour. Additionally, dues cover food anytime you are housed with the corps. Dues also cover the education you will receive from our world-class staff. You will gain knowledge of your specific instrument or equipment, a performance mentality and invaluable life skills. The experience of marching with the Madison Scouts will change the rest of your life; it is truly priceless.

Anyone who wants to know the other costs can easily find out.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison states exactly what is covered right here:

http://www.madisonscouts.org/Audition%20FAQs.html

What is included with my dues?

Your dues will cover your housing for winter camps, everyday rehearsals and the entire summer tour. Additionally, dues cover food anytime you are housed with the corps. Dues also cover the education you will receive from our world-class staff. You will gain knowledge of your specific instrument or equipment, a performance mentality and invaluable life skills. The experience of marching with the Madison Scouts will change the rest of your life; it is truly priceless.

Anyone who wants to know the other costs can easily find out.

I think McPound was lauding the Scouts for being up front and making it easy to find out what is covered. I think he was criticizing other outfits...maybe I misread your post though.