Which 2007 APD do you listen to the most, and why?...

2007 Pasadena APDs  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2007 Division 1 corps' APD do you listen to the most?

• Blue Devils
    • The Cadets
    • The Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Carolina Crown
    • Bluecoats
    • Blue Knights
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Colts
    • Glassmen
    • Spirit from JSU
    • The Academy
    • Blue Stars
    • Madison Scouts
    • Crossmen
    • Pacific Crest
    • Seattle Cascades
    • Southwind
    • Troopers
    • Mandarins
    • Pioneer
  2. 2. Why do you listen to that the most? (Pick the ONE main reason)

• I was in it
    • I know someone who was in it, but I wasn't in it
    • I am a huge fan of the corps
    • This was my favorite performance of the year
    • They had a particular piece in their repetoire that I love
    • This was the most well-performed performance of the year in my opinion
    • Other (preferably explain)

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say... but you do know that BC won brass in quarters right?

I think that qualifies as one of the nights.

he wasnt talking about the bluecoats.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh.

trying to give compliments on dcp. nothing like it.

TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE, PLEASE.

Okay I established my list.

Bluecoats, Phantom, and then Blue Devils (the first half of Blue Devils).

Phantom had some great songs this year. Pretty awesome choices for 2007! And I'm really impressed with Bluecoats for this year. Wow do they sound clean! Theres some seriously gorgeous sounds out of those bells!

P.S. I get goosebumps during the firebird material at the end of Phantom's show.

Edited by Mouthpiece1234

oh and its been posted before but it really does suck a lot that the non-finalists arent offered on cd this year.....aside from being included with the top 12, theyre not even available seperately. boo. i really want to hear the blue stars again, and liked the music from pretty much every other non-finalist i heard too. crossmen, cascades, academy, madison....yeah.

Edited by Jared_mello

Sure it is valid, as is anyone who disagrees with those judges. I would like to think that there are plenty of people here on DCP who are just as, if not more, qualified to make a judgement on the brasslines heard this summer than those three judges.

Uh... please explain how anyone on these forums would be more qualified to determine who the brass title goes to than the judges. If I'm not mistaken... most of the people on these forums have aged out within the last couple years (myself), current members or have aged out a million years ago. If if by qualified you mean extremely biased, then you are probably correct. Do we have to be trained as a DCI judge to get an account DCP now? I am biased... but the fact that the majority of the brass judges agreed on one brassline is a fact that just can't be ignored. I'm sorta half expecting you to get the point, cause we've (you and I) haven't really had a compromising past. So, this is more for everyone else's benefit.

Edited by ingenious

Uh... please explain how anyone on these forums would be more qualified to determine who the brass title goes to than the judges. If I'm not mistaken... most of the people on these forums have aged out within the last couple years (myself), current members or have aged out a million years ago. If if by qualified you mean extremely biased, then you are probably correct. Do we have to be trained as a DCI judge to get an account DCP now? I am biased... but the fact that the majority of the brass judges agreed on one brassline is a fact that just can't be ignored. I'm sorta half expecting you to get the point, cause we've (you and I) haven't really had a compromising past. So, this is more for everyone else's benefit.

I don't really see what this has to do with what APD I listen to most.. but I feel like responding to this anyway..

The subjectivity of art combined with an absolute scoring system lends itself to inherent flaws... Meaning that.. the top 7 brass lines were so good in their own right.. who's to say these guys are "better" than these guys? But someone had to come in first, and someone had to come in 7th. Yes, two out of the three finals week judges had BD's hornline in first.... but uhmm.. are we forgetting the other couple dozen or so during the season that didn't?

hahahaha.

Edited by Jared_mello