What is the best metronome?

I have a Beatnik rhythmic analyzer that i use from time to time (it's a practice pad that shows your rhythmic accuracy....it would be harder to explain for those who aren't percussionists so i'll spare you) but I usually use a 10$ metronome that i've been holding on to forever, sure it's not very loud and the click sounds crappy and not very powerful compared to what the corps use. However I think using a basic one forces you to learn the subdivisions on your own...when you lean on the subdivisions as a crutch then you're basically following a rhythm and that forces you to follow a machine, and not a person.

Sometimes I wish I had a video of a drum major/conductor on my computer and maybe a brass ensemble playing in the background (or a percussion ensemble for brass players) opposed to metronomes, that forces you to watch and learn timing a little better. You can't really see them very well in the shows you see on you tube. In fact, anyone know any videos I could find of that?

Edited by PhantomPhan1989

Thanks, guys. I found a ClickStation for $60 on CraigsList, so I am good to go!

NOTE: When BD did their Don Ellis show in 93, I heard they used midis to march to. Is this true? Why did they stop?