2008 DCI Regional Shows

a champaign, illinois show would be nice...esp with a $260 million rennovation of memorial stadium .

There was one in 1994 that came out of the show Bloomington, Indiana sponsored at IU. I remember seeing billboards in Bloomington that summer advertising the show at Memorial Stadium. However, the billboards didn't say WHERE Memorial Stadium was. Anyone remember the gate situation caused by that thing about getting into the show by bringing canned goods?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eugene, OR, Concord, NH, El Paso, TX, and Fargo, ND

Osaka, Japan is on the list as well I hear. What a trip that will be.

The regionals that have been announced for 2008:

July 19: DCI San Antonio, The Southwestern Championship, in the Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas

July 25: Masters of the Summer Music Games, MTSU Stadium, Murfreesboro, Tennessee

July 26: DCI Atlanta, The Southeastern Championship, in the Georgia Dome, Atlanta, Georgia

August 1 & 2: DCI Eastern Classic, J. Birney Crum Stadium, Allentown, Pennsylvania

The regionals that have been announced for 2008:

July 19: DCI San Antonio, The Southwestern Championship, in the Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas

July 25: Masters of the Summer Music Games, MTSU Stadium, Murfreesboro, Tennessee

July 26: DCI Atlanta, The Southeastern Championship, in the Georgia Dome, Atlanta, Georgia

August 1 & 2: DCI Eastern Classic, J. Birney Crum Stadium, Allentown, Pennsylvania

I'll second this as being correct. I pretty much guessed back in 2006 that Atlanta would replace the Indy show if Indy got championships.....due to the big turn out there that year!! Probably look for this schedule not to change much over the next ten years also. :)

Soldier Field

As a Chicago area resident my entire life, I can't imagine a worse place. Expensive parking, horrible rush hours to contend with, the corps would have to stay way out in the suburbs and contend with the traffic, union rules that in the past have prevented group from even setting up their own stands (unless an agreement was reached for souvies and such), high levies on souvie sales...I could go on and on.

And yet Chicago is an incredible place to visit and I recommend everyone does so. Walking the lakefront would be great.

Remember that once the RCA Dome is town down, Soldier Field will be the NFL's SMALLEST stadium.