who do european corps take their insperation from?

shine1108

I was at the BYBA national championships on Sunday (first live event i've been to in about ten years, after time out after marching) I really enjoyed it but couldnt help but notice a couple of things. Firstly the size of corps compared to when i marched have decreased but the quality was good and secondly i thought that some corps were aiming a bit high, simulating div 1 corps (Sorry world class!). Would UK and European Corps be better looking at Div II/III (open Class!!!) for insperation?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think they should look at DCI. At least not for copying shows. Ofcourse, techniques etc. can be used, but i hope more and more European corps will have an concept of their ow instead of copying DCI shows year after year.

• 2 weeks later...

In Europe there's a difference that could be made between corps making a show for the judges and the contests, and corps also trying to be 'crowd favorite'.

A lot of money is made by doing tattoo's, especially in Holland and Germany. When you're marching a show being difficult like DCI World Class corps the people at those tattoo's are definately not going to like it. In England corps are more 'contest minded' and are marching shows that are judge friendly, in Holland and Germany corps are more often aiming at a bigger crowd.

It depends on what goals you make for a season and how you think about finances and stuff.