Hello everyone

Hey, I’m new here. I’m 15 years old and I play snare drum in the marching band at our school. This year our band is doing fairly well. We had a competition on Saturday in which we placed first and got the best percussion caption. (http://www.tob.org/index05o.htm#10/16/04 Scroll down to about halfway where it says Eisenhower HS, Warren, PA. Our band is Eisenhower.) Our band is fairly small with only about 40 members. Our drum line consists of 1 snare (me) 1 quint player, and 4 basses. In a couple of years when I graduate my aunt who lives in Chandler, Arizona wants me to come live with her for the summer and participate in The Academy drum and bugle corp. I think it would be fun to be in DCI and everyone tells me I would be good at it. So, the other day I was looking up DCI stuff and I found this website. So here I am.

Welcome! Yes I am familiar with Eisenhower. I'm in Elk County. There isn't much Drum Corps in North Western PA. DCI anyway. The lake Erie Regiment was inactive last year, I am unsure about this year. That is pretty close and one of their staff members was from Kane so you could have a ride I'm sure if they are active this year.

The biggest thing about doing Drum Corps is having the time. Although the amount of time to be involved in a DCI corps can vary from Corps to Corps, it still is a lot of time. But it is (a) good time, with lots of work and you will come out the better percussionist/musician for having participated.

Cool. I'm not really looking for a drum corp around here. If I do it, it will be The Academy because my aunt wants me to come to Arizona. So, it all works out. But, I've talked to people about DCI and it sounds like fun.

Welcome thelonelysnare!

and welcome to drum corps!

Thanks. I have a question and I didn't know where else to post it. So here it is.

Does anyone have any cadences that are written for 4 bass drums or that can be easily played with 4 bass drums (such as a 6 bass part that would still sound good on 4) I’ve been looking for some and I can’t find any that sound good on 4 basses and the ones that are written for 4 the tenor/snare parts suck. Also, they do not have to be full cadences they can be just bass cadences which is what we are doing with the ones that the tenor/bass parts are not that good. Thanks in advance.

Don't be so lonely, lonelysnare. Welcome to the forum!