Fusion Core Announces Visual Design Team & Caption Head

Fusion Core Announces 2008 Visual Design Team & Caption Head

Izzy Delgado – Visual Designer and Caption Head

Izzy Delgado is excited to be returning for his second season as the Visual Designer and Caption Head for Fusion Core, and is looking to help them build upon a successful inaugural season. A native of Bayonne, NJ, Izzy has been involved in the drum corps, marching band, and winter guard activities for over 10 years. He was a member of both the Raiders and Bushwackers Drum and Bugle Corps. Upon aging out after the 2000 season, Izzy became a member of the Raiders visual staff and was the visual caption head in 2003 and 2004, helping the corps earn several finals appearances and a DCI Div 3 silver medal in 2001.

Izzy is currently the program coordinator and visual designer for the Sayreville HS Marching Band and Winter Guard, both of which have won local circuit championships during his tenure. He has also designed drill for several other drum corps and marching bands in New Jersey and New York, including the NY Skyliners Drum and Bugle Corps, Whippany Park HS (who earned the 2006 USSBA NJ State Group 5A High Visual award), and Lakewood HS.

Izzy is also currently on the design staff for the Fusion Color Guard and has also worked with the Raiders Winter Guard, both of which have earned several medals in local circuits during his tenure. He is currently a visual adjudicator for the USSBA and is a member of the Mid Atlantic Indoor Network Instructor's Task Force.

Matt Risell – Visual Instructor

Matt Risell began his drum corps career with the Crossmen in 1999 where he marched soprano. After a hiatus for college, Matt joined the 2006 World Champion Reading Buccaneers and later the 2007 Bushwackers. He is excited to join the FUSION team as a visual instructor for the 2008 season.

Matt holds a degree in music education from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, where he was a member and section leader of the trumpet section of "The Legend IUP Marching Band". Since graduating Matt has been instructing marching band at Daniel Boone High School, a rapidly growing and prospering band from Southeastern PA. He has served as a visual and music instructor and was acting brass caption head for the 2006 season.

For membership information visit us at http://www.fusioncorenj.homestead.com go to membership.

Hi Fusion.

I have some marching experience but I really want to do good and I was wondering if you do marching in the winter before you go on the field to help out some of us newbie to drum corps people.

I got to see you guys last year. A friend made me go to a show and I really liked it.

Hi Fusion.

I have some marching experience but I really want to do good and I was wondering if you do marching in the winter before you go on the field to help out some of us newbie to drum corps people.

I got to see you guys last year. A friend made me go to a show and I really liked it.

Absolutely. Fusion has a comprehensive winter technique program that aims to get all members on the "same page" as far as playing AND marching is concerned. We meet a couple times a month during the winter, and then ramp it up once we go outside.

We don't expect anyone to walk in and be perfect. We give you the information, you practice it, and we rehearse it together. That's how we "roll", as the kids say.

Hope to see you at a camp!

Welcome back Izzy and welcome to the team, Matt! Can't wait to get started!

Look for additional staff announcements, our open house announcement, and our show announcement to be coming out in the next couple weeks. Things are really chugging along behind the scenes here at Fusion, and we're all very excited with the direction of the corps. Come be a part of the team as we look to build on our momentum from our highly successful inaugural season.

Any questions, fill out the form on our website or you can always email any one of us. My personal email is kilian.chris@gmail.com.

Edited by DMCK

That's exactly right Chris.

As most of you know I've been in the activity a long time and you all know how through the years you come in contact with many different instructors. Some you love, some not so much, however I will say that I have learned something from everyone that has ever stepped in front of me. Anyway, my point is that Izzy has really impressed me over the years. He's got a great program and he LOVES to work. If it was up to Izzy we'd start at the Open House, which we're just about to announce. Just tying up some last loose ends. Izzy is consistant and really makes sure we're all more than ready to be out on the field by the time we get there.

My favorite saying of the year came from Adam, he took the words from a movie. We were doing basics at like 180 bpm AT THE START OF THE DAY ONE SATURDAY MORNING and Adam goes something like "ah, nothing sounds more like getting ready for battle than the sound of the gock block early in the morning!!!"

Welcome also Matt. I'm sure you'll really enjoy working with Izzy and Fusion. It's a great group!!!!