NEW SHOW FOR LES DIPLOMATES

Here somme up-date about our 2008 show.

Our show designer Michel Pellerin présent at our last rehearsal, in Québec city, the concept of our show.

It will be <THE BEATLES - LOVE SHOW> base on <Le Cirque du Soleil> playing presently in Last Vegas and the music of the movie <Across the Universe>.

Link to the show : http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSole...intro/intro.htm

Link to the movie: http://www.beatlesmovie.com/

Link to the album: http://www.lovethebeatles.fr/

It will be play in 4 act: Rock, Jazz, Funk and Ballad.

We already start to learn and play one of the song <Lady Madona>

We are looking for a great show for the public. The main reason to play that type of music is we whant that everybody sing with us and remenber the melody when they get back home.

I will give you guy's more information as the season grow. Check our web site for future news: www.lesdiplomates.org

Ronald <Superman> Masse

Les Diplomates

Logistic Departement

Ronald,

Please don't drop the tune you played in Rochester - the mixture (I'm not sure of the proper terminology) of "Bolero" and "Time to Say Goodbye."

As far as I'm concerned, it's the high point of the CD (along with the Ben Hur fanfare).

Andy

Hy Andy,

Nobody received any CD or DVD yet of our DCA Alumni show so far, but we heard that it sound not to bad. This year it will be bether than last year. Last year we received our horn line beguinning January 2007 it give us only 8 month of pratice (twice a month) to prepare the show. So we played original composition of the Dips (1969 to 1973) Ben Hur (the chariot entry), Happy Day's are Here Again and Bridge Over Trouble Water as a flashback of our original music.

Now we have a new show for the year to come. We still keep part of our show of last year, specialy the medley of <Bolero de Ravel> play with <Conte Partiro / Time to say goodbye>.

This great arrangement was made by the one and only, Mr. Léon Bernier, he's a professional symphonic orchestra conductor and a music composer of many popular singer in province of Québec and Canada. He also win a FELIX for Music arrangement of the year in 2004. He's now retired and he give his time to write some music for us.

He's a former Diplomates since 1961. We are just blest to have this wonderful gentlemen with us.

Buy the way, he's the one that have a hard time to step on and off the podium to conduct is own music, he climb on is knee, but manage to accomplish is dream, conduct the Diplomates for the fisrt time of his life. A wonderfull memory! for us.

Thank's for writing.

(Excuse my writing, I'f I'm doing mistake, Hi don't have the opportunity to write often in english)

Ronald Masse

Logistic Dept.

Dips Percussion Line

Lache pas Ronald, ton anglais est pas si pire. Le seul hic. c'est que tu as mis ce message dans le forum Reviews pour commentaires du spectacle. Il serait mieux approprié dans la section annoncement.. mais c'est pas grave.. Tourlou Luc

Ronald,

My compliments to Mr. Bernier. I am certain that when you hear the DVD or see the CD of your performance in Rochester, you will agree with my impression. That medley is exceptional, very well done.

And please don't be concerned about your writing in English; you should see my writing in French!

Andre