To those going to auditions

To all those who are participating in an audition camp this weekend, I wish good luck to all of you, unless you're audition for Bluecoats on mellophone, then may a plague be brought on your house [/joke]. Hopefully, I might get to see one of you on tour one day. Maybe my corps will need some assistance and you guys will come to the rescue. Many memories shall come if we are successful. So once again, I wish good luck to every auditionee out there.

To all hornline members, are we expected to provide our own uniform gloves for the audition? My packet simply says to bring "gloves". I looked on the website for my prospective corps, and all the audition pictures from past years show horn players all wearing uniform gloves. I only own my gloves from high school marching band, and those are not the right color for my corps. Should I just bring those and hope for the best?

Also, good luck to all!

Edited by JGuy1288

To all hornline members, are we expected to provide our own uniform gloves for the audition? My packet simply says to bring "gloves". I looked on the website for my prospective corps, and all the audition pictures from past years show horn players all wearing uniform gloves. I only own my gloves from high school marching band, and those are not the right color for my corps. Should I just bring those and hope for the best?

Any gloves that are good for marching are acceptable. I'm using baseball gloves, considering that I lost my marching gloves just recently. SO yes, whatever gloves you have are fine.

Mine would be tomorrow (for Spirit)...and yes, I'm nervous. I've practiced my material, but that hasn't stopped me from freaking out.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone who's auditioning, and I hope to run into some of you on tour. In the meantime, I'm going to hope that my leg stops shaking soon (it's a nervous habit).

Just kidding.

...Kinda. :worthy:

Bah. Why can't Cadets auditions be right now?

Good luck to everyone leaving tomorrow, and hope to see all of you on tour, hopefully with your dream corps!

Hope to see some of you at Spirit tomorrow! It's looking to be a good year.