Beatrix 2008

Guest Myusik4Jakassez

In my opinion it works on this way, Beatrix' is an international corps, compete in the Open Class, if they want to be come International Champion, they have to place them at Finals of the Open Class. At that finals there would be than 12 Open Class Corps and 1 International.

So, ofcourse they have to compete and earn there place, because otherwise it would be a very cheap championship. They have to work just that hard as others.

what he said :)

While I understand (sort of) the point behind the International Class, I really wish they could just be apart of Open Class and not be seperated out. Would it REALLY make a big difference?

The problem is that many of the corps coming from overseas have members as old as their mid 20's. Is it fair for the international to compete directly with the North American corps while they use their much older members?

Personally, I think if the overseas want to have members over the DCI-mandated age limits, they should compete at DCA instead.

The problem is that many of the corps coming from overseas have members as old as their mid 20's. Is it fair for the international to compete directly with the North American corps while they use their much older members?

Personally, I think if the overseas want to have members over the DCI-mandated age limits, they should compete at DCA instead.

Yes. The oldest Yokohama Scouts member this summer was 29.

It would be very cool though if more than one corps is competing in the international class this summer! Is there any word on corps from maybe Asia coming to the USA?

none that I know of. The only group that "could" do it this coming season would be Taipei... but that would have been anounced already if they were.

At least with Japanese corps, that is next to impossible. I know Inspires did it a couple years, but having members being able to get the days off work here to attend DCA is like trying to milk a rock. Attending DCI is a lot less difficult because championships is during the country's summer holidays.

Not familiar with Europe.

Goodmorning Eddie, Yes the biggest reason why european drumcorps cannnot competite within the DCA is that in europe and a specialy the Netherlands schoolholiday is from end of June till end of August and also for those who have a job, that period is the possibility to take off their work.

In Europe , and of course the Netherlands, schoolssystem is a lot difference than the USA, there are also some more big difference and maybe some time there will be an article written about the differences between drumcorps USA and Erope / the Netherlands.

Goodmorning Eddie, Yes the biggest reason why european drumcorps cannnot competite within the DCA is that in europe and a specialy the Netherlands schoolholiday is from end of June till end of August and also for those who have a job, that period is the possibility to take off their work.

In Europe , and of course the Netherlands, schoolssystem is a lot difference than the USA, there are also some more big difference and maybe some time there will be an article written about the differences between drumcorps USA and Erope / the Netherlands.

Thanks for the clarification :)

And yes, you're right, we need to get some writing out there to let folks know how the activity differs per region. Even Japan... drum corps is drum corps here, but it's nothing like what is in the U.S..... and I'm sure the Netherlands or any other part of Europe as well.