Older shows recordings?

2008vbmb

I have been looking for a CD of the 1989 World Championships and cannot seem to find any CDs from before 1999. Do these Cd's exist? And if so, where can I find them?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

• 1 month later...

Have you tried ripping the audio from the DVD's? I have heard that there is some software that allow you to 'capture' the audio from a dvd and turn it into a MP3 file.

I've never tried it myself, though.

Are you just looking for the top 12 / 14? Or do you want the entire thing with all corps that performed during that week? AFAIK, DCI only sells top 12 CDs and top 14 DVDs these days. I have no idea why that is. Had I known this would be the case when I marched, I would have lied, stolen, and cheated so I could have gotten the recordings back then. I marched five years, two of which placed 15th, the other three in the top 12. It'd be nice to have a DVD quality recording of my rookie year. Is there some sort of Disney vault or something? Only offered for sale for a limited time, once every twenty five years?

I've ripped audio from a dvd before. It's fairly easy in Linux.

mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile audio.raw media_file_or_device

sox -c 2 -r 44100 -t raw -s -w audio.raw audio.wav

toolame audio.wav audio.mp3

Maybe it's my default / old package, but I'm pretty sure you can just -dumpfile file.anyformat on the newer stuff. You can alsa -dumpvideo. If only I didn't have to edit/normalize the audio and rejoin it with the video to make a given recording presentable. #### mics too close to the annoucers speakers.

My cassettes (no comments from the younger folks… At least its not an 8-track) of SCV 78 and 79 wore out about five years ago... I am looking for shows that far back any clues?

Thanks