1. 1. Should this be allowed?

• No
    • yes

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even a mention of this fine proposel from DCI in their recent press release anouncing the new proposels. For shame.

What’s drum corps without its fan base? Drum corps would be a surrealistic pillow that has burst into flame and fallen into the preverbal camp fire. Just like a marshmallow that has burnt to a crisp, laying in the charcoal, due to poor placement on the carved stick your alcoholic uncle made out of that tree branch he tormented you with all day. Without fans, drum corps would be as healthy as the judgment of Anna Nicole Smith before her untimely death.

The fans supported this proposal and DCI has thumbed their nose at the fans and are not even considering this important enhancement to the art form we all love.

How will drum corps survive?

Edited by argonaut

The problem is no one submitted the proposal to a director for official consideration. But now that you have ten months to talk someone into submitting it for you, you need to get to work and figure out who's the best candidate for agreeing to submit said proposal.

And you have to convince them there is something in it for them or their corps. Point out the positive qualities. Convince them they have something to gain by it. Otherwise, you'll be complaining next year about the same thing.

And if you really believe in it, volunteer to be the first sacrifice. That might get their attention. Good luck.

The problem is no one submitted the proposal to a director for official consideration. But now that you have ten months to talk someone into submitting it for you, you need to get to work and figure out who's the best candidate for agreeing to submit said proposal.

And you have to convince them there is something in it for them or their corps. Point out the positive qualities. Convince them they have something to gain by it. Otherwise, you'll be complaining next year about the same thing.

And if you really believe in it, volunteer to be the first sacrifice. That might get their attention. Good luck.

Don't bore me with the details about the proposal proceedures. This is a good rule and should be adopted. It is just common sense. I mean, come on.

I would volunteer, but I'm way over 21 years of age. If they change that rule, i'm in.

The Romans found it was a big draw in the Colloseum. I vote yes - why not? Why stifle creativity with a lot of silly rules?

I think the proposal should allow for volunteers. But if it does have to use members, then treat it like a GWAR concert. Dress them up as some stupid celebrity, and have a giant monster eat them. That or burning at the stake or crucification.

What about a proposal for torture? There could be an asian-themed show with someone at the front getting chinese water torture.

What about a proposal for torture? There could be an asian-themed show with someone at the front getting chinese water torture.

Only if the water amendment passes. Otherwise you are restricted to thumbscrews. Sorry about the infringement on your creativity....