DRUM AND BUGLE CORP IN MARYLAND!

The_Marching_Elite

Thanks for taking the time to read this post!!

We have a community based marching band IN MARYLAND that we want to convert to a drum and bugle corp!

WE ARE LOOKING FOR PERCUSSION TECHS!!!

Here's a little info:

we have instruments, approx 50 members, uniforms, and 2 staff people.

We will be currently having our interest meeting on the 29 of December 2007!

We are putting together a staff of motivated individuals to help to take our band to the next level of performance and competition.

we are also open to person who would like to play their instruments and color guard members also.

We are looking for a volunteer staff at this moment!! Although, we conduct various fund raisers to show the all the staff our appreciation for their time and effort.

All positions are available!!! contact us here and I will gladly give you more information!!

Again thanks for viewing and have a great day!!! :withstupid:

Hey guys! Let me be the first to congratulate TME for joining the boards. I bought some old equipment from them last night and got caught up in the enthusiasm. I hope Dennis doesn't mind me saying this, but he seems like just the kind of guy needed to get a great junior drumcorps going in Maryland.

I love the idea of a local group morphing into a drumcorps. TME already has the insrtuments, uniforms, members and some dedicated staff. They have already been performing in public. I am looking forward to seeing them at some local DCI shows in the near future.

p.s. If I was a wee bit younger, I would love the opportunity to take a hungry group of kids and turn them into a great drumline. There has got to be someone reading this board that knows of a future percussion caption head looking for a gig.

:withstupid::lol: :lol:

JONNYBOY...I know a guy...IN BALTIMORE, who has had the "itch" to get back in the game for a while now. His job has kept him away from committing a LOT of time, but is willing to help out when wnd wherever he can...

He even has a FUNNY AVATAR!!!

Gene,

Tell him to contact the OP. They plan on practicing one weekend a month for a six hour block. That's my take on the goal. I would love to do it but I'm starting a parade line and I'll be putting my time into it.

They have a set of dynasty drums that need some work. I have no idea how good they are, but I'm sure that any instructor can bring a group of enthusiastic kids along pretty quickly.

Edit> I just realized you are talking about yourself? Sorry if I missed the clue. I aged out of bones in 1990....I'll send you a pm.

Edited by jonnyboy

Edit> I just realized you are talking about yourself?

{sarcasm on}

Thats' because you're CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!

{SARCASM OFF}

But really

thanks for the PM

I will be in contact with Dennis VERY soon!!!