All Madison Scout Alums and Alums of Other Corps

What I'm trying to point out is that DCP is not a public site open to anything and everything. It is a privately-owned site open to the public, provided the individuals who choose to register and agree to their set of standards accept those caveats. DCP is owned by one person and he chooses to have moderators who moderate not the activity, but the content on DCP.

When a moderator feels a thread isn't going where it should according to DCP standards, (in the original case, the way the appeal was presented), they have the right to close the thread. This internal policing is something we all agree to when we sign up to be members of DCP. There are other sites that are not moderated. DCP has achieve the success and volume it has either because of or in spite of its standards. Overall, people find it a safe place to hang out without some of the harangues they encounter in other sites.

I don't speak for DCP or the moderators, but that's my personal observation. I'm delighted to have DCP and I accept their moderating the threads as they see fit. I am a guest in their house...and I'm not paying anything to hang out here.

Well put!