2008 Drum Corps Associates Exercise Challenge

Who's in?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to compete in the 2008 DCA Exercise Challenge?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe in a month or two....

I would love to, but I unfortunately don't have a nano (I like my 40GB classic juuuuust fine), and being a poor college student, can't really go buy one... :shutup:

Take a look at the prices on ebay for the older versions...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's out there and it's open for all.

2008 Drum Corps Associates Exercise Challenge

Join anytime between now and Prelims.

Edited by JimBurnell

So far, not much enthusiasm...

Is the barrier the necessity of buying the equipment? :(

So far, not much enthusiasm...

Is the barrier the necessity of buying the equipment? :(

All the excuses in here! Sounds like my high school kids as to why they "can't." College and high school kids I can kind of understand that they may not have funds. It's us older types that I question.

Edited by quegrawks

• 3 months later...

I bought my kit and ipod a couple weeks ago. I had a million excuses why not to, but when everyone at work was involved in a team challange on nikeplus, it was the kick in the butt that I needed. It counts distance, time, calories, and really motivates me to do more.

Being a someone who was not big on that whole "working out thing", this has been really fun and I am signing up for the challenge right now. I used to weight 270, got down to 225 and hit a wall. This is helping me push through that spot I have been at for almost a year now and will help me continue to a healthier life. Thank you for taking the time to set this up and I hope more people decide to do it.

Jim Burnell.....I hereby withdraw my 'yes' vote. I AM prepared to play any exercise that DCA could throw at me, but if it involves physical exertion, then I must plead nolo contendere or non compos mentis, or both.

J

I can't afford the equipment, but I am working out and dieting to lose weight. I've been having some moderate success thus far. So considerate it "participating in spirit" at least for now.