Brass playing resolutions

Martybucs

James, I didn't know you played trumpet.

And then circumstances change. Now I'm playing trumpet this season.

But I did get that Korg MR-1000. With the Korg the distance roll off isn't quite as bad. I can even use it to hear the neighbors dogs at night. Several acres down the road. Some of that might be the difference between 16 bit and 24 bit recording. Nice to hear all the details of the source in the recording. I just need some more substantial windscreens for this region.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James, I didn't know you played trumpet.

I don't. But I guess I will by June 14th.

Actually I started off getting some form of bugle ability sometime around 2002. Grandpa was getting up there in years and I wanted to play taps at his funeral. And by October of 2003 I did. Although that was about six months sooner than my practice schedule expected. And my bugle gear was inadequate at that time. I had a couple civil war replicas that played well, but are pitched near C and too high for me at that time, and still a bit high even now. And I had a rexcraft bugle in G/F. Which is probably the worst playing horn I've ever played on. And is the one that I used at Grandpas ceremony. I've since upgraded equipment since grandpa left me some cash. A Getzen AHFT, and now a Bach 37. I've also got an Olds P/R bugle. Fortunately I've found a mouthpiece that sort of works for me in a G&W Dave Hickman. So we'll see how it works out.

Actually the real reason (or at least the official story) is that my DAD always says that I play the trumpet. To anyone he happens to introduce me to, and is curious enough to clarify what instrument I play. Of course for my first twenty or so years as a brass player, I only played Trombone or Euphonium. Dad even bought my first Trombone($75) so I'm not sure where he got trumpet from.