Starcorps.....Update!

*bump*

As audition decisions need to be made soon, any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

hopefully the website will be updated soon. :w00t:

Actually, I am not surprised by this lack of information at all. There have been alot of alumni groups that have made big announcements about how they were re-starting their junior corps from the 60's or 70's, only to disappear into oblivion. The only ones I can think of that have actually made the field are 7th Regiment (formerly the Surfers) and VK. The rest have all made a big splash with some type of reunion or alumni corps project, then realized that running a junior drum corps today is not quite the same as it used to be. Not meaning to point at the Kingsmen in particular, as there have been many others that have tried and never made it.

Hopefully they can prove me wrong.

Edited by Harvey

Actually, I am not surprised by this lack of information at all. There have been alot of alumni groups that have made big announcements about how they were re-starting their junior corps from the 60's or 70's, only to disappear into oblivion. The only ones I can think of that have actually made the field are 7th Regiment (formerly the Surfers) and VK. The rest have all made a big splash with some type of reunion or alumni corps project, then realized that running a junior drum corps today is not quite the same as it used to be. Not meaning to point at the Kingsmen in particular, as there have been many others that have tried and never made it.

Hopefully they can prove me wrong.

I ran into a good friend of mine at Nordstroms who is associated with the Kingsmen. At that time she told me that most of the initial funding was in place and the juior corps was a go for 2008. Beyond that I have no additional information. I certainly wish them well. It would be great seeing Orange County represented by the Kingsmen again. Incidentally, are there any updates on the KAC DVD from their Rose Bowl appearance?