Harvey Wingo

Dear Drum corps friends!

On January 13 2008 the drum corps world lost a great friend.

Harvey Wingo passed away suddenly yesterday.

For those of you that knew him please keep him in your hearts and prayers as well as his family.

Funeral arrangements will be posted soon.

Mike Davis

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Drum corps friends!

For those of you that knew him please keep him in your hearts and prayers as well as his family.

Mike Davis

My condolences and prayers go out Harvey's family. I had the privilegde of judging with Harvey many years ago and he was a true gentleman. He will be missed.

Dear Drum corps friends!

Mike Davis

VERY very sad news indeed. I personally knew Harvey for decades. And as recently as a few weeks ago we judged some marching band shows again together. A good man. Too bad we lost him.

Dear Drum corps friends!

Mike Davis

I am very shocked and sad to hear this news. Harvey was a great guy and friend I've known for many years. My thoughts and prayers are with Lois and the entire Wingo family.

My heart is shattered. Harvey was one of the true gentelmen of our activity. Always gererous with his time, talents and insights. I will miss him on more than one level.

I know he has been welcomed into the warm face of our Savior and now basks in His warm embrace.

I am stunned and shocked !

Harvey was one of the true gentlemen in our activity. Always a kind word or firm handshake for everyone. I have seen him in so many settinsgs of drum corps ,band and winter guard and never has he been anything but kind and helpful. My heart goes out to his wonderful wife. He used to bring me bottles of Harvey wingo wing sauce when i would see him on tour or at WGI, of course he would never let me pay him for them.A kinder man i have never known and i will miss Harvey dearly.

Jeff

There's not too much I can add to what has already been added. I worked with Harvey and his usual cohort Joe Courtney in both DCM and DCI.

Harvey was one of those guys who when you saw him at your first show of the season, you just knew things were going to be ok. My prayers go out to his family.

Harvey...you will be missed. I hope the angels like sauce on their wings.

Dear Drum corps friends!

Mike Davis

My sympathies to his family. Harvey was a great guy. He always had a kind word to say.

Van Williams