Dayton Arena Seating Question

VanguardLA

afraid to ask for help????? geesh, you guys are there year after year after year and you still don't know? Wow, that's amazing.

ok, if you are on the floor, as a performer, looking up into the seats, the numbers start lowest (for those who don't get it...that would be seat number 1) to highest, going left to right in each section. I've only been there once and have had no problem remembering that....

Well, I salute you for your photographic memory. I went to WGI prelims and finals for seven years, then after a 20-year absence went back with my husband last year, and I still can't remember how the seating runs. So you might want to dial down the judgmental tone a wee bit, eh?

The original poster was looking for a seating chart online, couldn't find one and so came here hoping that someone who has been to finals could remember how it works. That's all.

As for the original poster, honestly, I don't remember. Our main objective was finding our seats, so I always had a bit of tunnel vision in that way. Find your section, find your seat number, sit down and watch the guards. :thumbup:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could find out that would be great. My seats are Section 218 Row M Seats 12 and 13. Im hoping they are good bc I paid good money for them.

I can tell you that those are great seats. Last year, my husband and I were in seats 4 and 5, row N, section 311, and they were the best seats I've ever had at WGI finals. Nice and high, right in the middle of the arena.

ohhhh.....a little touchy are we now? yikes! Sorry if you can't handle my answers. I guess it's true...color guard people consider themselves gods....heehee.

It has nothing to do with being "a little touchy" and everything to do with following forum guidelines. You might want to take a moment to read them: Drum Corps Planet Community Guidelines

You may not make personal attacks on other Community members or non-members. Harassment of other members is not allowed. Flame-bait, trolling or flaming posts will be edited or removed, and action may be taken against the author. Issues and posts directed at a single member should be handled via our built-in Private Messenger feature.
Edited by byline

ohhhh.....a little touchy are we now? yikes! Sorry if you can't handle my answers. I guess it's true...color guard people consider themselves gods....heehee.

from the sound of ur posts.. u fit right in then.... best of luck

that's hysterical rifleboypa!

......where's my seat?excuse me,pardon me,sorry,you're in my seat,sit down now,shhhhhh,is that someones chewing gum? :thumbup:

we all know that an optimum vantage point is all important for true connoisseurs of the artform,not to high,and not to low.somewhere in the middle or at least a seat that doesn't require a sherpa guide,climbing gear and oxygen. :thumbup:

there is a point in large arenas where all intimacy is lost and subtle nuances cannot be seen or appreciated and yet to low and you don't get the full impact from any big effects[unless you call an overstuffed leotard or a bulging dancebelt a "big effect" :ph34r: ].

btw,didn't world finals sell out last year?

Edited by dugg

or at least a seat that doesn't require a sherpa guide,climbing gear and oxygen.

:guinesssmilie:

btw,didn't world finals sell out last year?

I'm not sure, but if so, they certainly planned it better than the year before. In '06 they sold us (as performers in A class) tickets for seats behind the curtain and we had to spend the entire time seat hopping (aka sitting in a vacant seat until the owner of the real ticket comes along). Last year we had permanent seats!

I do aplogize for the sound of my posts....it was taken in the wrong way, this is the problem with just written words, plus I was having a bad day.

I guess I just don't understand why people try to guess at things when all they need to do is go to the source and get the correct answer. If you have questions about UD seating, call WGI. I found the ticketing lady very helpful in finding the best seats for me.

I do aplogize for the sound of my posts....it was taken in the wrong way, this is the problem with just written words, plus I was having a bad day.

I guess I just don't understand why people try to guess at things when all they need to do is go to the source and get the correct answer. If you have questions about UD seating, call WGI. I found the ticketing lady very helpful in finding the best seats for me.

It's not guessing if someone can post on here, and someone else who knows the answer replies. It just so happens that so far, no one has been able to answer the original poster's question. But more often than not, people who post here are able to provide solid info and do it fairly quickly. Simply suggesting that the original poster call WGI -- minus the additional demeaning characterizations of other posters -- would've greatly improved the tone of your replies, thus leading to a much more positive reception from others. *shrug*