Mellophone mouthpieces

jalbac

To all the mellophone players,

What in your opinion would be considered a decent make of mellophone mouthpiece?

Any recommendations?

On the (www.wwbw.com) web site, they rate the Bach M337-6 & UMI 1736 as top sellers b**bs

Would you agree?

Thanks for your input.

:)

The Benge/ UMI/ Selmer/ King/ Conn/ Baldwin/ Chevrolet M6 is still available. A bunch of companies keep buying each other and it's really getting wierd. I'm not 100% sure, but I think they're calling it "Conn Selmer" for now. Either that or "Not Yamaha" :rolleyes:

The mouthpieces can be found at the following website Music 123

Search for mellophone, click on mellophone mouthpieces. The UMI 1736 brassguymike mentioned is towards the bottom of the page. The one I've played is the first mouthpiece listed, the UMI 1216. I'm not sure which one is more like the old Benge 6, but the 1216 is a killer match for the bluecoats' redesigned Kanstul F mellophones.

Edited by John Schmitt

To all the mellophone players,

What in your opinion would be considered a decent make of mellophone mouthpiece?

Any recommendations?

On the (www.wwbw.com) web site, they rate the Bach M337-6 & UMI 1736 as top sellers  b**bs

Would you agree?

Thanks for your input.

I bumped the other mello mouthpiece thread so you can see the suggestions there. I like the ML6V made by Dynasty. I tried two others, the getzen and the benge.

Like the ML6V the best but I play second mello. Deep cup, thinner rim. I play horn so it works VERY well for me.

Me no likey playing high tho! :rolleyes:

Edited by TerriDitt57

• 3 weeks later...

B)

Thanks to all for your input.

After reading and searching on internet I opted for the UMI 1736.

I ordered it through internet based on the information available.

It took only a few days with UPS standard delivery. Tried it out immediately and it's great!

So, during the summer, if you see a dancing mellophone player....that will be me!

Best Regards,

I play on the UMI1736, and I like it, much more than my Benge Mello 6 which I also have.