The Innovation of Electronics

So, I've been reading through a lot of these topics. Those for electronics keep talking about how innovative BOA bands have been with electronics and amplification. They are excited to see what drum corps will now do with these mediums. So I have a couple questions...

1) What BOA bands have been innovative? Like literally, I don't know what shows people are talking about. Can some of you throw out examples?

2) What can drum corps do to be innovative?

3) How long before we see a show that truly uses these mediums effectively?

Amplification has been around since 2004 (I think), and some say it hasn't had the kinks worked out. There are still problems with it. Others say amplification hasn't been used innovatively. Narration has been around since 2004 (I think, again), and most would argue that it hasn't been used very well either.

I've seen Tarpon Springs HS for the last 4 years, and I've been very unimpressed with their shows. They are performed well, but I consider them musical theatre. They don't even call themselves a marching band (Outdoor performance ensemble). There was a girl sitting next to the electronic drum set "playing" a Macbook last year.

Is this really the "innovative" drum corps that people want?

All of the BOA shows that I've watched (on youtube) that have electronics in them have been absolutely horrible, including the first place band from a couple years ago from my home state. I am sorry, but I think it sounds like complete crap. I absolutely despise it. No innovation, just new toys for the BOD to play with.