Press Release - Empire Statesmen 2008

Jimmy

Please don't feel bad about not having enough time to sit and chat. You had a job to do ... and judging by what I saw and heard you are doing a magnificent job !! :tongue: Yeah, it is amazing that we cross paths again. My daughter cherishes those years with "Bones". College is the only thing holding her back from still being there. We will get our opportunities to sit a chat ... I cannot stay away. I was so impressed. I am taking yours and Kenny's invitation seriously. If I can get that mellophone back from my daughter (basketball season has to be almost over) I will get right to work on my chops. I already talked to one of the high school marching band instructors and he is going to give me some private lessons. I'm even working on getting him to join the corps. He is a Cadets of Bergen County alum and trumpet is his principle instrument. If I don't get my chops up and running by the end of March then I will surely have them ready for next year. Unfortunately, I have to miss the March 1st show. With all the school activities (musicals, St. Patrick's Day parades, set construction, concerts, etc) it's a wonder we don't collapse on the 31st !!!

Oswego Black Knights eh Kenny? I started with the Apalachin Grenadiers under the direction of Kenny Turner (now a DCI judge) in 1975 but had to drop out in April for family reasons. I was finally able to make the weekly trips to Fulton in 77 with five other guys from Binghamton. What great times. Those California corps had their field shows pretty much taught to their members in May while we were still scrapping ice off the bus windows !!! How did we do it? I remember one weekend camp on the football field by Lake Neatahwanta where we started on a Saturday morning in shorts and by the time the day ended it was snowing and we were in winter coats !!! Can't get that experience in Concord or Santa Clara !!

Statesmen, thanks again for a wonderful Sunday. The "family" atmosphere and camaraderie reminded me so much of my daughters' time with the Crossmen. I met a friend of mine who is a Rochester Firefighter at the school. He sat there in the auditorium listening and was blown away. He wanted to know where the trombones were. Rookies !!! :worthy: It was his first ever experience with drum corps. He already promised me that he will be at the Lilac Parade, the Rochester Show and the DCA Finals to watch my kids and the corps. Can't wait to return.

Ken Roe

Fulton Gauchos 77

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

t was such an amazing camp. I cant wait for our first show :tongue::worthy:

How do you buy tickets for this show?

I want to come down but don't want to get there and it is sold out.

Tickets for the winter show can be purchased at the door. I would not think that it would be sold out. The auditorium holds around 900 and I really do not think that they will get that many to attend.

You can also also call...585-554-6441 - Marcus Whitman HS and ask for Liz Sihto - band director. She could possibly hold tickets for you if you still felt uncomfortable coming all that way and were still worried about tickets. The school is closed this week but will resume classes next week.

Hope to see you at the show. Come by and say hello.

Jimmy Steele - Brass Caption Head - Empire Statesmen 97-98-99-08

The show is going to be great! I can't wait to perform in my old high school :tongue:

(sorry I missed you all last weekend, I had a last minute ride issue... I'll be there 100% for this camp with the music down!!)

The show is going to be great! I can't wait to perform in my old high school :tongue:

(sorry I missed you all last weekend, I had a last minute ride issue... I'll be there 100% for this camp with the music down!!)

You missed and amazing camp last weekend :tongue::ph34r:

Good thing we didnt make it then. LAUREN!

Elizabeth ended up with an IV as she got a nasty stomach flu. Poor little girl. She is recovered mostly now and we will be at MW next camp!