Men of Brass and Royal Airs Under One Banner

It is great to hear that the Men of Brass and Royal Airs will now be flying one banner..that of the Chicago Royal Airs. A brief review of their February camp can be found at:

http://www.royalairs.org

Click the link to Bob's Blog

This is great news for the Midwest - a real honest-to-gosh Golden Age senior corps. I wish good health and long life.

Please don't make the mistake RA made in 2003 by hiring

DCI instructors; after marching a great 2002 and wowing the crowds, the next year they had RA starting in the middle of the field instead of the starting line, dragging their flags on the grass, DCI-style snake-dance single-file drills, all that stuff. It was the beginning of the almost-end for RA.

The Reilly Raiders were fighting off a similar modernist infiltration about that same time. Stay real, guys! Do what you do best.

This is great news for the Midwest - a real honest-to-gosh Golden Age senior corps. I wish good health and long life.

DCI instructors; after marching a great 2002 and wowing the crowds, the next year they had RA starting in the middle of the field instead of the starting line, dragging their flags on the grass, DCI-style snake-dance single-file drills, all that stuff. It was the beginning of the almost-end for RA.

The Reilly Raiders were fighting off a similar modernist infiltration about that same time. Stay real, guys! Do what you do best.

:thumbup:

While those "DCI Instructors" had been involved with DCI corps, they were also alums who marched in the Royal-Airs in the 60's. The RA show design and music from '03 to '05 was still old school drum corps with company fronts, color presentations and concert selections. The "beginning of the almost end for RA" had nothing to do with the drill or music.

What happened in the past is OVER!

2008 brings RA and MOD together with new everything committed to old style drum corps. Let's move on and stay positive.

Ski,

Check your PM.

No negative message intended, just setting the record straight. My sincere best wishes to the Big Blue this season.

:thumbup: Yes, we are back! The February camp was a new beginning. All in attendance had a fantastic time. The Royal Air sound is slowly budding and will be at full force soon. We have great instructors in all sections; percussion, brass, rifles, flags and drill. We also have many experts in all the sections to aid anyone indiviually who wants to join and has no or limited drum corps experience. It makes no difference if you haven't marched in years. Believe me, you will not regret the fun you will have. Come join us at our March camp or weekly rehersals. Visit the Royal Airs web site for details. http://royalairs.towdhosting.net/ :tongue:

Rich Meyer contacted me, to tell me the news.

Good luck to all of you, who are involved.

Hopefully sometime in the near future we'll see you all

back east for DCA finals alumni spectacular.

:thumbup: Yes, we are back! The February camp was a new beginning. All in attendance had a fantastic time. The Royal Air sound is slowly budding and will be at full force soon. We have great instructors in all sections; percussion, brass, rifles, flags and drill. We also have many experts in all the sections to aid anyone indiviually who wants to join and has no or limited drum corps experience. It makes no difference if you haven't marched in years. Believe me, you will not regret the fun you will have. Come join us at our March camp or weekly rehersals. Visit the Royal Airs web site for details. http://royalairs.towdhosting.net/ :tongue:

Exhibiiton or competing corps?