Empire Statesmen Debut Performance

The Empire Statesmen will be strapping on the uniforms this coming Saturday for their first public preformance of 2008. The Statesmen have been doing winter shows to support local school band programs for many years and this year is no different.

The corps will be performing at Marcus Whitman HS (directions on statesmen.org) on Saturday evening March 1st at 7:00 pm. Joining the corps will be the Marcus Whitman Marching Band as well as other ensembles from the instrumental band program. Tickets can be purchased at the door and the cost is minimal for the entertainment that you will see and hear.

The corps will be performing tunes from the past (Don't Get Around Much Anymore, I Go To Rio, New York, New York..etc.) as well as performing for the first time excerpts from the 2008 summer show.

The evening proves to be very entertaining and the proceeds go directly to the Marcus Whitman HS Band Program.

Hope to see you there!!!!

Jimmy Steele - Brass Caption Head - 97-98-99-08

Marcus Whitman Alumni 1985 (go ahead and do the math...YES I am 40!!!)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking forward to hearing this year's summer music! (and of course all the other classics)

Will be your best $ spent this week as it will be going to a good cause. Bring all your friends and family, I am.

See you on Saturday Statesmen

The corps will be debuting the Fanfare and the Opener of the 2008 summer show music.

This in addition to the winter show tunes and section/solo features should be a great cross-section of music for everyone to enjoy. In addition the Marcus Whitman Marching Band will be playing the first half of the show and will also join the Statesmen for a mass group tune at the end.

Thanks for asking and we hope to see you on Saturday.

Jimmy Steele - Brass Caption Head - Empire - 97-98-99-08

I can't wait!!! (Part of it might be that I get to go home for the first time since the middle of January, and that the Fine family will be there!!) :thumbup:

I always look forward to our first winter show of the year! The anticipation of the audience response, the energy at practice on the day of the show, the LONG rehearsal with David before the show to assure we will perform and be the entertainer's his dad would smile down upon and the INSPECTION before the show. Watch out rookies, you may find several long time members in the center of the gym! The best part, however, is our show after the show!! We go back to the gym, arc it up and play for anyone who comes in to hear an encore performance. We really get down and enjoy ourselves with the crowd!

So, come on down to Marcus Whitman for an experience you are not soon to forget. This evening of music will be sure to entertain you. Personally, I can't wait to hear the Marcus Whitman band perform....Our alumni and current marching members from the school demonstrate their commitment to quality!

Lauren, vibratorjr, Jimmie, Kenny (who I'm sure will post to this post) and anyone else - can't wait to perform with you!!

:thumbup:

Leslie

Well Leslie, now that you said something, I practically have to post!! :thumbup:

I can't wait to see you Saturday and have a great winter show at my old high school!!!

I always look forward to our first winter show of the year! The anticipation of the audience response, the energy at practice on the day of the show, the LONG rehearsal with David before the show to assure we will perform and be the entertainer's his dad would smile down upon and the INSPECTION before the show. Watch out rookies, you may find several long time members in the center of the gym! The best part, however, is our show after the show!! We go back to the gym, arc it up and play for anyone who comes in to hear an encore performance. We really get down and enjoy ourselves with the crowd!

So, come on down to Marcus Whitman for an experience you are not soon to forget. This evening of music will be sure to entertain you. Personally, I can't wait to hear the Marcus Whitman band perform....Our alumni and current marching members from the school demonstrate their commitment to quality!

Lauren, vibratorjr, Jimmie, Kenny (who I'm sure will post to this post) and anyone else - can't wait to perform with you!!

:thumbup:

Leslie

Looking forward to FINALLY being with everyone all weekend. No Winterguard show for me this weekend. I'll be with the Corps all weekdend and can't wait to see all the new people in their uniform for the first time!! It's always fun for me to MC the shows and watch you all on stage.

All the info you need for the show is on the website.

See you Saturday!!

whoo!! allen all weekend!!