Spartans?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in all honesty do the specifics really matter??? the spartans having a rebuild year. There was probably some conflict of interest somewhere along the line.. but what does it matter? its already happened? the spartans reloading for another great season, cant we just leave it at that?

I think they do, If i was going to be paying thousands of dollars to march some place, i would want to know what is really going on. And its quite obvious that there are many ex-Spartans on this website who are still upset about the whole change.

I think they do, If i was going to be paying thousands of dollars to march some place, i would want to know what is really going on. And its quite obvious that there are many ex-Spartans on this website who are still upset about the whole change.

Who also get upset when uninformed ¨concerned parties¨ bring it BACK up on DCP. The change happened like Josh stated, and Spartans are trying to rebuild as well. Should we as well meaning denizens of the intartubes try to tear them down? A corps that has existed for some 53 years through thick and thin as it is. They´ll be fine. As worked up as the brouhaha was about the staff leaving I doubt any of them honestly want to see the corps eviscerated on the web like this. Your interest in the truth, and all the #### that is brings could be keeping someone from having a great experience. At a time when corps are dropping like flies we should be promoting the activity not tearing it apart. The FMM´s that have a problem with Mr. LaFlamme´s leadership are bitter, and upset. Theyŕe entitled to their opinions, and it saddens me to think many of my fellow alums disagree with my view, but heś done a good job keeping Spartans going. So how about we sit back, and see what happens? Itś not like you have any real power over what the corps is going to do anyway. So when they step on the field this year. Be it with 35,40,50,100,150 whatever, how about you clap? Those kids are the nucleus of the next Spartan dynasty, and I say if they have a good time like I did itś worth it.

Bunch of grumpy whiners.

By the way, even when flying to Pasadena I did not have to pay ¨thousands¨ to march. Spartans remain one of the most stable, and financially feasible ways to march for many. Which is one reason why I stayed.

Edited by Phirefenix

There have been many great corps with smaller numbers. I'm sure they will be great as usual!

Like Americanos in 1994 with a membership of 34.

Groups like Mandarins and that 94 team from Appleton showed that it is possible to throw down like the big boys can!!!

Good luck Spartans.......

Edited by WhaddupLOCO??