WGI Schedules are out. . .

Should be interesting. Pride going on last, as they were first in their block last year. Also noticed Miamisburg is due to perform straight after Avon. That'll be really fun to watch! :tongue:

I've looked over the world schedules and have gathered the following about the performance order:

Lucky Break:

Plymouth-Canton

Seminole

Center Grove

Flanagan

Braddock

Onyx

Pride

Bad Break:

Rancho Cucamonga

Trumbull

Arcadia

Cheshire ( I think going after Flanagan may expose them, but it may work in there favor too. . .I'm going with it works against them)

Croatan

Premonition

Corona

The rest are neither here nor there and should hold their own in their respective slot.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Some weird scheduling there, IMO. Especially Fantasia going on in the middle of their block rather than later in the block. I am really looking forward to it, though!

Oh yeah, I guess there's no rule that if the last year's gold medalist is not in attendance the 2nd place guard goes on last? It just becomes a random draw in that case?

Does anyone have ANY idea how this sh** works anyway? IO positioning is all over the map. I had heard it was based on placement at regionals but if that's the case, that's not evident.

Confused...

Well, I know how it works for SA, so it should be similar for IO:

1. Rankings are created based on a 1.5 pt. growth per week (not 2.0 like guardbuzz says. Or at least that's what I heard from my instructor, it could be incorrect).

2. The top 8 guards are placed in one of the eight rounds. I'm not sure how they choose which round, but none of the top eight go in the same round.

3. Guards #9-16 are also placed in different rounds. And I think it's similar to basketball: 16 gets placed in the same round as 1; 8 and 9 are also in the same round.

4. This continues in groups of 8 until the top forty have been placed. There should be five guards in each round, and these five guards will be the last five time slots in the round. These five slots will be randomly assigned. This is why you can have a guard ranked 2nd go on three spots before a guard ranked 38th.

5. Steps 2-4 are repeated with #41-80, and then #81-120, continuing as necessary. So with in one round there should be multiple 'blocks' of five guards similar to each other in ranking.

I'm not sure if I completely agree with the system, but I do like that it places more importance on how you do at worlds itself, not just the regionals.

Edited by Looks Like Liquid Purple

Well, I know how it works for SA, so it should be similar for IO:

1. Rankings are created based on a 1.5 pt. growth per week (not 2.0 like guardbuzz says. Or at least that's what I heard from my instructor, it could be incorrect).

2. The top 8 guards are placed in one of the eight rounds. I'm not sure how they choose which round, but none of the top eight go in the same round.

3. Guards #9-16 are also placed in different rounds. And I think it's similar to basketball: 16 gets placed in the same round as 1; 8 and 9 are also in the same round.

4. This continues in groups of 8 until the top forty have been placed. There should be five guards in each round, and these five guards will be the last five time slots in the round. These five slots will be randomly assigned. This is why you can have a guard ranked 2nd go on three spots before a guard ranked 38th.

5. Steps 2-4 are repeated with #41-80, and then #81-120, continuing as necessary. So with in one round there should be multiple 'blocks' of five guards similar to each other in ranking.

I'm not sure if I completely agree with the system, because we just got screwed over and ended up in the fifth spot of a top 'block', but I do like that it places more importance on how you do at worlds itself, not just the regionals.

Thanks for the insight. I had heard about the 1.5 thing also so that very well maybe true. Maybe it is different for IO because there's only 3 rounds and they don't have 8 rounds to slot the "top 8" in. 'Cause I have too much time on my hands :), I took the latest scores for all IO guards based on guardbuzz and added the 1.5/wk increment (instead of the 2.0 "guardbuzz" increment) and resorted. The top 8 in order are:

1. Alter Ego - 4th last in Round 3

2. Diamante - 3rd last in Round 2

3. Ventures - 3rd last in Round 1

4. Top Hats - 2nd last in Round 1

5. Black Gold - 5th last in Round 2

6. Ars Nova - last in Round 3

7. The Academy - 5th last in Round 3

8. The Cast - 2nd last in Round 2

You can see, seeds 1, 6 and 7 are in the same round, same as seeds 2, 5 and 8 and seeds 3 and 4. It's all very shady if you ask me. ;)

And what is with the schedule for SO and IO finals???? IE. First, second, third etc score AFTER THE FOUR ROUND WINNERS - but, there's only THREE rounds in semis. How are they going to get four round winners out of three rounds?

Thanks for the insight. I had heard about the 1.5 thing also so that very well maybe true. Maybe it is different for IO because there's only 3 rounds and they don't have 8 rounds to slot the "top 8" in. 'Cause I have too much time on my hands :), I took the latest scores for all IO guards based on guardbuzz and added the 1.5/wk increment (instead of the 2.0 "guardbuzz" increment) and resorted. The top 8 in order are:

1. Alter Ego - 4th last in Round 3

2. Diamante - 3rd last in Round 2

3. Ventures - 3rd last in Round 1

4. Top Hats - 2nd last in Round 1

5. Black Gold - 5th last in Round 2

6. Ars Nova - last in Round 3

7. The Academy - 5th last in Round 3

8. The Cast - 2nd last in Round 2

You can see, seeds 1, 6 and 7 are in the same round, same as seeds 2, 5 and 8 and seeds 3 and 4. It's all very shady if you ask me. ;)

And what is with the schedule for SO and IO finals???? IE. First, second, third etc score AFTER THE FOUR ROUND WINNERS - but, there's only THREE rounds in semis. How are they going to get four round winners out of three rounds?

Actually, I think that makes sense (not the part about the semi's scheduling, I don't understand that at all). Because IO only has three rounds, I would work the same way as SA, but with only 3 guards at a time:

The top three are all in different rounds, and then (like basketball) the next three are placed in reverse order: 3 with 4, 2 with 5, and 1 with 6. The one thing that I really don't know is how big the 'blocks' are, but I think the top six works.

I've looked over the world schedules and have gathered the following about the performance order:

Bad Break:

Rancho Cucamonga

Trumbull

Arcadia

Cheshire ( I think going after Flanagan may expose them, but it may work in there favor too. . .I'm going with it works against them)

Croatan

Premonition

Corona

The rest are neither here nor there and should hold their own in their respective slot.

i agree about Trumbull, RC, Arcadia, Croatan and Corona.... ESPECIALLY RC and Trumbull :-(

The rule book is quite clear on this...

Each column represents the round with the #1 ranked group going in the last round.

R3 R2 R1

1, 2, 3,

6, 5, 4,

7, 8, 9,

12, 11, 10,

13, 14, 15,

18, 17, 16,

19, 20, 21,

24, 23, 22,

25, 26, 27,

30, 29, 28,

31, 32, 33,

36, 35, 34

37, 38

Out of each column, they are then some how put in a performance order.

At least this is how the Rule book clarifies the process.