Empire Statesmen 25th kick off

Thanks again to Jimmy, Terrie, Paul, Erica, Tommy, Sandy, Brian, and Jennifer -- great job on a gargantuan task.

I think the concensus was that this event was long overdue -- thank you for putting it together.

It was great to see so many alumni celebrating the history of an unparalleled drum corps and Mr. B's influence on all of our lives.

With Boots, Cardboard, and DA in the house -- I felt like it was "back to school" for the young punk who hated being late for rehearsals because I always had to do my father's push-ups in addition to my own. Thank you gentlemen for being so pivotal in my music and "life" education -- never underestimate your impact on a whole generation of us "porkchops".

Thanks again everyone. SEE YA!

Dave Orser

Well said Dave .............................. and here you are being that same pivotal impact figure to the young Statesmen today... just sit back and take that in... Awesome huh

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ken, Stacy, David and the many others who have given the Alumni committee so many thanks. See ya tommorrow Ken.

I also have to agree, having guys like DA and Boots there and then watching the DVDs of them two guys peforming was awsome.

Paul

Well said Dave .............................. and here you are being that same pivotal impact figure to the young Statesmen today... just sit back and take that in... Awesome huh

Exactly!! I know I speak for all of the younger members when I say that all of you amazing people and musicians have had such a great impact on our lives. Like Dave-- you have made us better musicians, and better people, and I am so extremely grateful for this. I can't imagine what drum corps, and the Empire Statesmen, would be like without all of these amazing people teaching and marching. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hopefully we will get David M, DA, and Tommy to hop in line with Dave S and Cris to play a little this year... I gotta run down Joey Pero and Ritchie and then we will see a true PIG line. Together with our regulars and you might never see a line like that ever again

Edited by kennadrin

Hopefully we will get Boots, DA, and Tommy to hop in line with Dave and Cris to play a little this year... I gotta run down Joey Pero and Ritchie and then we will see a true PIG line. Together with our regulars and you might never see a line like that ever again

Kenny,

There are some things in the works for a few parades, and of course the One-Time-Only Command Performance of the Empire Statesmen 25th Anniversary All Stars at the July 5th DCA show

By "All Star" that means ANYBODY who ever wore the Uni. Remember what Mr. B used to say: "You're an Elite Group of All Stars, Hand Picked, Top Notch, Spectacular First Round Draft Picks...the Best in Business." Heck, he was saying that when the corps was in 8th place... way before the whole Corps of the Decade thing.

BUT... We don't want people to think this is an Alumni Corps deal - it ISN'T - and there's no big recruitment hype - or I wouldn't be a part of it. July 5th is it.

This isn't something anyone is trying to make you do, but my feeling is that it's something we SHOULD do. We do however need some of you to talk it up because it's hard to track people down (by the way: somebody find the Schlaefers!).

See ya - I gotta go practice the words to the street beat.

Edited by OperationTaps

That wasn't meant as a stab to anyone not listed, those were just a few off the top of my head. There are a lot of great statesmen Alumni who I would kill to see and stand in line with again

I thought it was pretty awesome last camp when Cris, Dave and others jumped in line. The Rochester show is going to be an amazing moment

I would love to see Kenny and Cathy again