Empire Statesmen 25th kick off

I had a great time at rehearsal and at the alumni party....

A few points ...

Cris "card board" Castellon (spelling?) did the full rehearsal... I mean marching block and everything..... Dude is the &^%$....cardboard?

Dave Seeley and Chris played their stones off at rehearsal ... Thanks......

It was great having TA work block with us.... Hopefully that isn't the last time...

Oh and I finally got to meet Jimmy Allen.... I heard right He is the better part of the Allen family.... (J/K) Seriously though the Allen's are good people

I also hooked up with people I hadn't seen in forever and it made my night...... I can't wait till we do it again

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great time to remember the past. But the highlight for me was definitely watching the videos of the years I was there and getting that feeling again. Those were some exceptional corps, that is for sure. It was great to watch that with the guys and ladies that were there in those years. Man, we had fun competing to be the best in the world.

We played and marched our stones off! Watching Vinny Monacelli's drills was amazing. Remembering that just about ALL of the staff ALSO marched and played in the corps, including the caption heads...Tim Stodd's drumlines...Anna's colorguards...THE LEAD SOP LINES!!!!...

Thanks for the memories!

Donny

:thumbup: My turn to put in my 25th cents.

WOW, is how I felt leaving Bathtubs Saturday. Mr. B would have been so very proud to see such a huge turnout.

Because of my assignment (getting all of the Alumnis current information) I was able to talk to just about everyone there. While going around and collecting all of this information I took part in many conversations from the Alumnis and active members as well.

There was just so much excitement in those conversations about keeping the momentium of the party going forward, towards the future events planned for the Alumni. Parades, picnics, just more time to remember and connect.

While watching the Performances of Empie over the last 25 years there were many tears flowing. There were some really, really great shows over that time. Many of them were ground breaking and helped this activity grow and change over the years. One thing Mr.B always said was that the Empire Statesmen were America's Entertainers and while watching those performances you knew how right he was.

There were also many hugs and tears as old friends reconnected and relived fond memories together, as well as remembering and telling many stories about Mr.B. Earlier that day Tommy Allen, Joe Guad and myself spent about an hour just discussing, laughing and remembering the many memories we each had of that Man. They were all really great ones for one reason or another.

Going into that party I think many of us knew it was going to be emotional and a little overwhelming (and it was) but, It was a fantastic, wonderful (insert your own thoughts here) night. I don't think it could have been better.

Just going to end this diatribe (nice word huh Tommy) by saying Empire has always DONE IT THERE WAY AND THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE. THANKS FOR THAT.

Good luck to the 2008 Empire Corps.

Here's to a great time this year with the many people who have made The Empire Statesmen the Corps it was once was and the Corps it is today.

Thanks David for keeping the Corps on track and not giving up.

Thanks Mr.B for Everything.

Paul McBride 97-98, member 2008 Alumni committee member

Paul

You guys from the alumni Committee did an awesome job... I had such a great time... It was so nice watching the greatest corps ever......

Seeing the 97' video really was emotional and the 98' video was well, " The greatest ever" thanks for hunting them down and letting all of us relive those great times..........................................................................

Thanks again to Jimmy, Terrie, Paul, Erica, Tommy, Sandy, Brian, and Jennifer -- great job on a gargantuan task.

I think the concensus was that this event was long overdue -- thank you for putting it together.

It was great to see so many alumni celebrating the history of an unparalleled drum corps and Mr. B's influence on all of our lives.

With Boots, Cardboard, and DA in the house -- I felt like it was "back to school" for the young punk who hated being late for rehearsals because I always had to do my father's push-ups in addition to my own. Thank you gentlemen for being so pivotal in my music and "life" education -- never underestimate your impact on a whole generation of us "porkchops".

Thanks again everyone. SEE YA!

Dave Orser

David Orser,

You dont know how much that last paragraph means to me, you are certainly welcome. To see you now, as the music educator, means more to me than words ever could.

We had to give you Doug's pushups. They were too easy for your brother. He was doing them with his hands behind his back. LOL.

Donny