Black Gold?

GuardGirl94

My friend and i have had an on going discussion about the theme of Black-Gold's show. I love it, i just don't know what its about. So if someone could tell me what it means, we would greatly appreciated. :ninja:

My friend and i have had an on going discussion about the theme of Black-Gold's show. I love it, i just don't know what its about. So if someone could tell me what it means, we would greatly appreciated. :ninja:

Thanks for your interest in our show! The show is entitled "Bloom!" The opening quote "It's Never too Late to Be What You Might Have Been", is portrayed metaphorically. The idea of a flower blooming into its full glory is a parallel for life in realizing one's full potential.

We start in the clump back in the back and grow from there. The costume is based on plants, root systems, dirt, etc. When the second costume is revealed it is an orchid. The colors are all chosen from very rare orchids. :-)

I've never been a fan of shows that needed some sort of thesis to understand. So, although the show has multiple layers....we hoped that it would also stand alone for nothing more than good colorguard, interesting choreography, and a fun show to watch. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. The season has been wonderful. We were especially excited as this is the organizations 10th finalist performance.

Congrats to all the guards this weekend. This was one of the best "WGIs" I have seen in my 15 years of attending. Thank you to all the wonderful performers and designers who who brought these shows to us this year!

Particularly I would like to say Congrats to both Alter Ego and Diamonte'. Great shows...but more importantly.....REALLY WELL DONE.

Thanks for your interest in our show! The show is entitled "Bloom!" The costume is based on plants, root systems, dirt, etc. When the second costume is revealed it is an orchid. The colors are all chosen from very rare orchids. :-)

the unique and colorfull costumes were by the very talented designer chad duggan from dance sophisticates in indianapolis.

Edited by dugg

the unique and colorfull costumes were by the very talented designer chad duggan from dance sophisticates in indianapolis i.

That's right! We were very blessed to have Chad Duggan be on our team this year in addition to being sponsored by Dance Sophisticates. A truly great company! We are so excited to have Chad and Dance Sophisticates be a part of our family!