SA Finals!

I won't lie, I wondered how some guard didn't make it past semi's into finals like Spanish River. I also predicted Passiac HS would make finals, but didn't.

Although, I did love Colonial's show. Perhaps its just because I have a special place in my heart for the Moonlight Sonata...

All I can say is WOW! How do you judge 120 guards and pick the best 15! I'd like to see WGI think about splitting this class one more time to give those kids the extra chance to make finals or have some qualifying rounds prior to WGI to limit the number of guards in this class. I am sure most of the finalists will be promoted for next year to SO.

I am personally so proud of the 3 Marietta, Georgia guards in finals representing SAPA in this class!

Way to go Pope, Lassiter and Kell!! Y'all ROCK! :tongue::blush::blush:

I am personally so proud of the 3 Marietta, Georgia guards in finals representing SAPA in this class!

I noticed that when I was watching SA finals on webcast.

I was thinking, "What is up with all the Marietta guards here? Is there something in the water down there that makes all the kids spin well?"

Please note I mean that in the kindest way possible.

Congrats to Marietta, GA!!

My favorite was definitely the puppet show by Mt. Carmel. They were so entertaining and really woke me up.

this was by far one of my favorite shows of the weekend!! the kids have hands . the show was entertaining - i personally liked them better than colonial .. but thats just my opinion =) can't wait to see all the top SA guards in open class next year!

I thought the top 5 were incredible. I was very impressed with the caliber of Scholastic A guards this year compared to past years. This is not to take away from the accomplishments of previous SA finalists, but I enjoyed watching the top 5 more than I've ever enjoyed watching the top 5 at any other time in the past.

Congrats to all finalists, and even those who didn't make finals! It takes a lot of hard work and determination to get to Dayton for most of the students who attend. No school I've taught has ever been able to raise the money to travel to WGI championships, so kudos to those who do!