Buccaneer Alumni Corps plays at MDA block party

I just got home from a job we did today at Schaeffer's Harley-Davidson, in Orwigsburg, PA for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, (Jerry's kids).

Glad it didn't rain.

We had a good turnout and played a nice mix of patriotic songs with bagpiper, (Don Walls). Amazing Grace and America the Beautiful - he started on the pipes and then we came in with our arrangements and then he ended.

Very touching.

They got a new flagpole and dedicated that also, (last year's flag raising didn't go so well). Dedicated the flagpole to the veterans, complete with 21 gun salute.

One family there had their son lead everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag. Then, the Boy's mom remarked how hard it is to find the words to thank everyone and Schaeffer's family for their support and how much they hope that someday they find a cure so that no other parents will ever have to hear the words, "Your son has muscular dystrophy".

Such a good looking kid...tears me up inside. It was something, too, to see all these tough, long haired and bearded biker guys tearing up as the mother spoke.

I'm glad we were able to add to the MDA block party in some way and thank our member, Randy, for setting it up.

It was very inspirational for me to be there as my best friends have a son who was diagnosed with MD at age five. He recently celebrated his 30th birthday. I was proud to be standing with the Bucs during this event.

It was very inspirational for me to be there as my best friends have a son who was diagnosed with MD at age five. He recently celebrated his 30th birthday. I was proud to be standing with the Bucs during this event.

Dwight,

It was really neat, wasn't it? My best friend when I was a little kid had MD. Hit him fast and hard. There was a cymbal player from the junior corps I was in, that I hadn't seen in years and years after I aged out. I was in a WaWa about 15 years after I aged out and he was a cashier. Thin as a rail and had braces on his legs. I was shocked when he told me it was MD.

It's a great thing that MDA does.

Hi, fellas!

I share your thoughts. This activity is special in so many ways, many without much notice. It's important to note our Buccaneer Alumni Association provided this performance at no charge. We do similar engagements at area nursing homes.

When we consider family obligations, our own aches and pains, high costs of travel, etc., it feels good to be part of an organization with members who unselfishly provide what they can, in caring support for the home community.

All of us could have been doing something else yesterday. This choice was a good one.

Thank you, Buccaneers!

:w00t: