Continental Cadets Update

Just got back from practice tonight and I have to say I'm so proud of these kids. They're really starting to get it. They are kids who have NO experience at all and they're really coming along. They are starting to show that "drum corps" pride in what they do. Tonight they marched from the parking lot where we practice back to the Community Center, but they went the long way and they looked and sounded so good.

I really encourage more local community drum corps people to reach out to your community and start up a "good old fashioned" drum corps. Reach out to the VFW or local Y or community center and ask for their help. None of these kids would make any Div III, II or I drum corps because of their lack of experience, but this type of corps that the kids can learn from the very, very beginning levels, will give them the experience that some of us from back in the day had a chance to experience.

The corps may someday become competitive, but if not, as the kids grow, perhaps they can join a competitve unit somewhere within the North Eastern area and can go into it with some type of experience and we will nurture a new bunch of kids, but for now, I applaud them for all that they have achieved in the short time they've had to do it.

I would like to wish all of you guys a safe, fun, exciting, entertaining season. Have passion for what you do and it will come through to your audience and the judges, but most of all have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!