Arrangers?

TAFL

I was told to look for music arrangers here on the brass boards. I'm interested in talking shop with other arrangers, whether two or twenty in number. Is there some site where arrangers tend to hang out and talk shop? Are there enough arrangers 'round here who'd be interested in someplace to hang out and tell big fish stories?

I was told to look for music arrangers here on the brass boards. I'm interested in talking shop with other arrangers, whether two or twenty in number. Is there some site where arrangers tend to hang out and talk shop? Are there enough arrangers 'round here who'd be interested in someplace to hang out and tell big fish stories?

I don't fish. Probably because I've always done drum corps instead. I don't know of any "sites", but if you have some issues and want to discuss them I'm sure it could get batted around here. You may recall from other threads here and on the "All Age" forum that I've done charts for small ensembles. Though I'm not a degreed professional, I've studied a lot of charts and have experienced what "works" and what doesn't.

So, have a question, fire away. There are some good brass people with arranging experience reading this forum, so someone's bound to fire back a reply.

I write and arrange as well but not really into talking on boards all that much.

I do talk for people who are not internet savy (I have a older friend who is ill and looks for audio and video and I help him with that but thats about it.

Plus if people talk on the net about music for a show or something of that nature, I find people will take those ideas and call them their own.

JP

I don't fish. Probably because I've always done drum corps instead. I don't know of any "sites", but if you have some issues and want to discuss them I'm sure it could get batted around here. You may recall from other threads here and on the "All Age" forum that I've done charts for small ensembles. Though I'm not a degreed professional, I've studied a lot of charts and have experienced what "works" and what doesn't.

So, have a question, fire away. There are some good brass people with arranging experience reading this forum, so someone's bound to fire back a reply.

I write and arrange as well but not really into talking on boards all that much.

I do talk for people who are not internet savy (I have a older friend who is ill and looks for audio and video and I help him with that but thats about it.

Plus if people talk on the net about music for a show or something of that nature, I find people will take those ideas and call them their own.

JP

Unfortunately, that's a risk you take. But it isn't any different than someone pulling out a recording and transcribing the contents. I see it this way - if someone has questions they can post as much info in the public forum as they want and then if details are necessary, PM's become the vehicle.

I'm definitely up for starting to chat with other arrangers, I want to start actually arranging charts for corps (just started doing the drill thing, but have been writing music for years now)... and have set up a forum on my website that I'd be happy to surrender to that use (it's currently not being used for anything at all...). I'll send you a PM with this same message.

Hey all arrangers out there.

If any of y'all are interesting in joining a fairly private board to talk about arranging and stuff, send me a PM and I'll get you more info. I've got my forum all modified to take on this challenge :tongue:

Hey again everyone,

Just bumping this post for any arrangers to see who may be interested in joining a forum that's just for arrangers, whether you've been arranging for years or are just starting out. Send me a pm and I'll sign you up and give you the link!

• 3 weeks later...

Im primarily a percussion guy (have now 15 professional years of percussion arranging, especially for Drum corps/marching band/ indoor drumlines)...however, I do a lot of marching band, brass ensemble arrangements as well. I have some mp3's of my work.

I use Finale, with variety of soundfonts (including unique, custom battery percussion), sound libraries for realism and mix the tracks in adobe audition for more control. I would be happy to share a few clips/demos if anyone would like set something up or ask.

here is an example of an original....this is scored for Corps:

http://www.themp3host.com/uploads/96d641075c.mp3