Blast from the Past - DCA 2003

Announcement: Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble Now Forming.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a parody or joke. Crunchy Frog is a real cymbal ensemble that will compete at the 2003 DCA I&E Competition in Scranton, PA, with the Mission of clobbering the Renegades cymbal ensemble. Or something. Although it is also technically kind-of maybe sponsored by the San Francisco Renegades, the Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble will accept members or alumni from other DCA corps. Membership details below.

Crunchy Frog Membership Details.

1. First -- there is a $30.00 Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble Membership Fee to join Crunchy Frog, which must be paid in full by Friday, August 15th. This is to pay for your official 2003 Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble Member Shirt (to be provided at DCA), face paint and the $10.00 per member DCA ensemble fee. And maybe even beer, if we have money left over.

2. ALL Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble Members MUST provide their own black pants (to go with the Crunchy Frog shirt uniform) AND their own instrument. Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble Instruments can include just about anything you can smash together to make noise, including crash cymbals, china cymbals, finger cymbals, boxes of cereal, potted plants

or even garbage can lids. Music will be provided via US Mail before DCA to all those who have paid their Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble Membership Fee.

3. Pursuant to DCA Rules, no live animals, electronics or nuclear weapons shall be allowed.

4. ***** WARNING ******** The Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble will also include "dancers," whose spots will be filled by Renegades' invitation only. ANYONE WHO IS EASILY OFFENDED BY SCANTILY CLAD BEAUTIFUL WOMEN DANCING TO EVIL MUSIC SHOULD NOT JOIN OR WATCH THE CRUNCHY FROG CYMBAL ENSEMBLE. Really.

5. MEMBERSHIP FEE. To join the Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble, go to the Renegades website (http://www.renegades.org), and pay the NON-REFUNDABLE Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble Membership Fee of $30.00 via the "donate to Renegades" button via PayPal. No, you aren't really donating to Renegades, but I get all financial reports, and I don't want to bother our technical genius webmasters to make more buttons right now, since they're working on getting the Blue Devils DCI simulcast. Anyway -- In the box that says "notes," write "Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble Membership Fee" and include your shirt size and your mailing address so you can get the music before DCA. The Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble's shirts will be provided to you at the Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble rehearsal before I&E.

6. REHEARSAL. There will be ONE Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble rehearsal, most likely held on the day of I&E at the location, possibly soon before we take the stage. The rehearsal time and location will be announced as soon possible.

7. This concludes the 2003 Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble Public Service Announcement. If you have any questions, please drop me an email at drumla...@aol.com. Again, the deadline to pay the Crunchy Frog Cymbal Ensemble Membership is Friday, August 15th – no exceptions (except for Pamela Anderson or Lionel Richie, should one of them decide to join Crunchy Frog).

WHY AM I IN FLORIDA?