Adagio for Strings

BOSMarcher

• 4 weeks later...

Send me your email address and I will send you the SCV Adagio chord progression.

The whole thing??? That's a long warmup.

He's asking for the first two chords. That's a short warmup, Larry.

I did Adagio as an arranging project for a wind symphony. I also wanted to do a warm-up type thing, different from SCV, for my marching band. I ended up changing the key so that it wasn't so high for everyone and I think it will work out nicely.

• 2 months later...
Send me your email address and I will send you the SCV Adagio chord progression.

Hi

I will be also interested in this arrangement for my own corps in Europe ! it's a great warm up !

If you can help me it will be really great !

thanks in advance

;-)

Chris,

The melody and chords to Adagio aren't the most difficult in the world. Anyone attempting an arrangement should be able to just listen and recognize most chords. (Admittedly, without perfect pitch or a keyboard, it would be difficult to recognize the exact chord, but at least major, minor and common variations.)

Plus, what instruments is he arranging for? G Bugles? B flats plus other Keys? How much theory study has our newbie arranger had? Does he have software, midi-keyboard? Has he studied other charts?

Brass Theater's "Adagio" was sublime.

Do you think I'm being a little hard on the guy?

Bruce

Duh-h-h!

I just re-read BOSMarcher's question, and he referred to SCV's version, of which I am not familar. But I assume the first 2 chords are the same chord's as Barber's composition. One can't improve on perfection.

Or am I mistaken?

Bruce

A few years ago, I decided to arrange "Adagio" for G horns. (I probably got about 20% done then lost interest) I remember having to listen to the first 2 chords over and over for a few minutes before I got it. I'll have to open up my MusicCreator to find out what I did.