Fantasy Drum Corps

I am attempting to create a fantasy drum corps league such as the national sports leagues have. Mostly it was for my friends and my friends friends to join, but I figured I could share it with the whole community. Depending on the number of people who join I will create several circuits ranging about 6-10 corps per. Something I'm telling all my friends is too make sure your draft list has plenty of backups, figuring each circuit is atleast 6 people would mean you would want atleast 6 options per caption. Please do not send me a PM but send your information to the email at the bottom. I hope people join and have fun with this!! PM me if you have any questions.

Fantasy Drum Corps

Description:

You are putting together your fantasy drum corps!! Be creative and come up with a name/corps song/logo etc. Your fantasy corps is made up of World Class Drum & Bugle Corps. At the end of the week, all captions will be averaged and put into your judge sheet. Your goal is to have the highest points by the end of the season.

How to play:

Draft:

There will be a draft once all information is received. The draft order will be random to determine the first order, then continue in an S format. S format means the order goes 1,2,3,4,5 for the odd rounds, then 5,4,3,2,1 for the even rounds. Once all draft lists are collect and the order is determine, then I will continue the process by manually placing the captions with their respective corps.

Captions:

Each fantasy corps director will be in charge of selecting their corps for each caption. Your fantasy corps must have all captions in order to participate. The captions are Visual GE, Music GE, Visual Performance, Visual Ensemble, Visual Colorguard, Brass, Percussion, Music Ensemble.

Draft List:

In order to select you must make a list of all your picks, but make sure to add in your back ups as your not guaranteed your top pick. There is a one World Corps limit per each fantasy corps. For example, your list make like look so:

1. Santa Clara Vanguard Brass

2. Blue Devils Brass

3. Phantom Regiment Percussion

4. Cadets Brass

5. Cavaliers Visual GE

If on your first selection you receive Santa Clara Vanguard Brass, then all other brass selections will be crossed out since the brass caption is occupied. As well, all other Santa Clara Vanguard selections will be cross out from your draft list as well as Santa Clara Vanguard brass will be crossed out on every bodies list. Your next selection if on the board would be Phantom Regiment Percussion. Your selection for each round will be the top most non-crossed out captions available. Due to this process make sure you have plenty of choices as somebody ahead of you can take your pick, plan to have backup selections. If at the end of the draft/list you do not have any available corps for a selected caption then your selection will be the highest scored captions available from the 2007 season. All corps are available.

Scoring:

Once you all judge sheets are completed then each week all the caption scores will be averaged. The fantasy corps week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. At the end of the week on Sunday you will receive an email with all the week averages for each fantasy corps. But as you know, the season is a marathon not a sprint! You will also receive in the email the weekly placements, as well as current standings. Current stands will be each week’s judge sheets added together.

What now:

Make your list of all your potential selections in order. Remember, the more captions/corps on your list the better chances you have at getting quality captions. Once you have completed your list send them to fantasycorps@hotmail.com

Recruit your old bus partner, shower buddy, arc guy, etc! This circuit can hold up to 20 people!