Cavalier Alumni Corps

links removed: ds

More, and better, performances to come.

Edited by Dave
illegal videos links

Very cool.

First time I've seen the Boomeister in uniform since '77.

<sigh> We need an alumni group here in the Bay Area, so badly ...

Edited by DCIHasBeen

Hey, that was pretty cool. I really enjoyed it, thanks. :thumbup:

Just a thought...direct links may get more viewers.

links removed: ds

Better?

TOOOOO Cool! I especially enjoyed the "exit"medley... there was nothing like a classic exit tune and Cavies always had some of the best! The most fun was pausing it to explain to my daughter the '81 step-over in "Softly" and just as I pointed where the stoptime was, they stopped! Can't understand why the audience didn't scream like I did....

<bump>

Wow,,real drum corps music.I am getting goosebumps watching it.

Some really nice brass moments there.The drums were a bit over powering at times.Especially when the horn line was trying to play soft.As a brass guy,,its important to me to be able to hear those soft moments.They are written into the music for a reason.

Not sure where the drums were situated.I am assuming by the side line closest to the mic?IF so that is to be expected.Perhaps moving them to back field will bring out those soft brass moments better.

Edited by camel lips

Wow,,real drum corps music.I am getting goosebumps watching it.

Some really nice brass moments there.The drums were a bit over powering at times.Especially when the horn line was trying to play soft.As a brass guy,,its important to me to be able to hear those soft moments.They are written into the music for a reason.

Not sure where the drums were situated.I am assuming by the side line closest to the mic?IF so that is to be expected.Perhaps moving them to back field will bring out those soft brass moments better.

Things will be different when we start marching the show. Our brass instructors (one being none other then Jim Elvord) keep stressing dynamics but the drummers, well, are drummers :worthy: They think everything should be all out fffff.

There's 16 of us snares and we all play with sack... what do you expect? :worthy:

Edited by Hulka