In The News: Band Gives Sparkle To Crowd At Stadium

As Scott Kelly stood on the infield grass at Holman Stadium on Friday night, he showcased a sense of pride although it was done with a marching drum and harness instead of a baseball glove and bat.Kelly was one of 48 members of the Spartans Drum and Bugle Corps performing...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...8&Itemid=28

As Scott Kelly stood on the infield grass at Holman Stadium on Friday night, he showcased a sense of pride although it was done with a marching drum and harness instead of a baseball glove and bat.Kelly was one of 48 members of the Spartans Drum and Bugle Corps performing...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...8&Itemid=28

Good story, good exposure--I hope none of us DCP knuckleheads gets too bent out of whack that the "ignorant" reporter referred to a drum corps as a band, heaven forbid!

Good story, good exposure--I hope none of us DCP knuckleheads gets too bent out of whack that the "ignorant" reporter referred to a drum corps as a band, heaven forbid!

Why should anyone get "bent out of whack" over that remark? After all, it's true. There are no more "traditional drum and bugle corps." They have all been replaced by brass bands.

Outstanding article. It is so nice to see that there are some kids still out there who know the true meaning of Independnace Day. I wish I had had the fortitude that that young man has when I was his age- unfortunately I did not serve when I was able too.

On another note, the corps diretors quotes are far more positive than what all the previous postings have led me to believe was the truth about what was going on in the norheast.