Empire Statesmen 25th Anniversary All Star Weekend

Hey "All-Stars" and attendees of the Preview of Champions,

The thought is to continue this journey into the future. Every year the corps will invite all "All-Stars" to join the corps at the local parades and every 5 years we will do an exhibition at the home show.

Keep your eyes open for a few events for DCA weekend. More details to follow.

Jimmy Steele

Geez, Jimmy.......every five years and some of us will really be 'over the top' so to speak.

What a great experience this was, and make sure those emails keep coming....parades are fun again!

Gord Moffatt

Geez, Jimmy.......every five years and some of us will really be 'over the top' so to speak.

What a great experience this was, and make sure those emails keep coming....parades are fun again!

Gord Moffatt

Ditto to all....

Thanks to everyone for putting this on. I echo everyone's comments about what a fantastic time we all had together. I will remember it always and be grateful that we were together again and performed well.

I know that this also took away from the main corps focus. We and the audience were very appreciative of your sacrifice.

Tom, Jimmie, David, Allen, etc. ..your efforts, determination, planning, etc. really paid big dividends this past weekend. You've accomplished what NO ONE has been able to do in at least 20 years by getting the old gang back together.I was proud to play a small part in it. I get a big smile on my face every time I think about it.

BTW-Quote of the weekend from Gord Moffat when we all realized who the leads were and how many there were......."Is there enough room up there for all of those egos?" LOL

They played great!........and LOUD!!!

Steve Cooley

Ditto to all....

Thanks to everyone for putting this on. I echo everyone's comments about what a fantastic time we all had together. I will remember it always and be grateful that we were together again and performed well.

I know that this also took away from the main corps focus. We and the audience were very appreciative of your sacrifice.

Tom, Jimmie, David, Allen, etc. ..your efforts, determination, planning, etc. really paid big dividends this past weekend. You've accomplished what NO ONE has been able to do in at least 20 years by getting the old gang back together.I was proud to play a small part in it. I get a big smile on my face every time I think about it.

BTW-Quote of the weekend from Gord Moffat when we all realized who the leads were and how many there were......."Is there enough room up there for all of those egos?" LOL

Steve Cooley

Thanks Steve - Your involvement was very important to us.

The "ego" problem was fixed by leaving that portrait of The Big Man on the back sideline.

As far as the '08 corps focus, you might be on to something. Those kids were jacked up (all "Statesmen'd outta their minds," if you will) from doing the parade and hanging out with us whackos all weekend. You probably noticed some of those "That never happened in practice" moments out there. Hopefully they'll be given a fresh chance this weekend.

Steve Cooley

I just couldn't resist...................and yes the whole lead line was awesome....just think what a corps you'd have if all us old farts could handle a field show!!!!

Being around the leads that I played with in the late 80's early to mid 90's was, of course, substantial to why I came home. But looking down the line, those guys at the other end could play with anyone's lead line on any year.

There was some frosting on that cake.

Donny