Cavies week off

I find that the Cavies going to Albequerque to be quite interesting. That kind of bums me out. If they were going to come that far west, why not come out west last week to the west coast along with Phantom Regiment? I know it is sort of in the neighborhood of San Antonio, but that is still quite some distance from Albequerque to San Antonio.

This is my son’s 4th year marching drum corps and his 1st home show in Albuquerque! The Cavaliers are staying at the High School he graduated from walking distance from our home. I think he is planning on spending the night in his own bed!

Needless to say we are VERY EXCITED!

I find that the Cavies going to Albequerque to be quite interesting. That kind of bums me out. If they were going to come that far west, why not come out west last week to the west coast along with Phantom Regiment? I know it is sort of in the neighborhood of San Antonio, but that is still quite some distance from Albequerque to San Antonio.

Because Albequerque is on the way from Denver to San Antonio and California is not. They will be doing shows all along the way in

El Paso and Midland, so there were no west coast shows on the tour for them to even do.

Scouts have an exhibition tonight in MO. But then it's a couple days of practice in Colorado Springs until Denver. The changes to the exit are supposed to be going in during this time.

have any idea what school in the Springs?

have any idea what school in the Springs?

Sand Creek HS 7/9-13 (13th laundry day)

This is actually normal for this time of year but doesn't necessarily happen each year consecutively. I haven't been a member for 10 years now so I can't really speak for what goes on now a days.

When I marched we would have the parades on the 4th and the next week or so there would be nothing but rehearsal days and some free time leading up to the DCM championships! (Remember those??) :)

I think every year I marched, the rehearsals immediately following the 4th of July were somewhat intense and involved many tweaks and changes to the show that were for the better. 1993 especially when we learned something like 90 new sets in two days. ha! (you think I'm exaggerating?)

So... maybe they haven't had this much of a "break" without shows the past few years... look it up on corpsreps or something. I'm almost positive though that they have consistently had very few shows immediately following the 4th as it's essentially "mid-season" and time for minor changes/additions as they go into the back half of tour and all the regionals, etc.

As far as whether it's good or bad for having such a big break, I don't think it was ever a "bad" thing. I mean, it's always a little rusty getting back into 'performance mode' after a long break, but at least when I marched we always had a good understanding of the 'system' and though our first show back maybe have been a little shaky, it was a better show and with changes made it helped us in the end. I think that's just the norm for them, as well as several other corps, though maybe not the same time of year for the others.

Edited by GeorgeHester

I find that the Cavies going to Albuquerque to be quite interesting. That kind of bums me out. If they were going to come that far west, why not come out west last week to the west coast along with Phantom Regiment? I know it is sort of in the neighborhood of San Antonio, but that is still quite some distance from Albuquerque to San Antonio.

First It's Albuquerque - and I'm glad the Cavies and the Scouts are going to perform there. I grew up in that town and there are many talented young musicians in that city. They deserve to see quality corps! I only wish DCI had shows there when I was a kid. I had to travel to Denver to see DCI shows when I was a kid.