Sounds of the South

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way too technical for me, but I hope you guys are having fun with it.

I'm just really impressed with the BLue Stars scores over the past 2 nights.

As for Carolina Crown,great score! Orlando will show us where they stand in the mix. I hope they'll do great.

I've enjoyed them a lot over the past years and I think it;s great to see them up there!

Colts, stop dropping scores and get back in there!

Truly puzzling. Looking at the scores from last night, they were consistenly behind in every caption. I haven't seen the show live yet so I can't give an unbiased opinion, but I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

You probably couldn't give an unbiased opinion in any event. :w00t:

I understand the need for having subcaptions...it's a good thing. I've just never seen this much disparity between 2 subcaptions especially at a smaller show. Help me to see if I'm understanding the intent of the subcaptions correctly. Does this mean that the BlueStars percussion arranger designed the second best drum book at the show, but the kids had the worst (5th) percussion performance at the show? I could definitely see the missing bass drummer having an effect on the performance score.

Exactly, The Judge would have found the technical book to be very demanding even played cleanly and well placed with the other music going on in the show. Then he may have judged that the players didn't express or perform it very well and "sell it" to the crowd. I've seen snare lines play the "cleanest" thing ever, no dirt in the rolls. clean attacks and releases, everything but the "Performance" would be flat and non expressive just played tight but not performed well.

Anyway, hope that helps.

But the #'s should still coincide to support each other.

No, That's why the SUB CAPTIONS

No, That's why the SUB CAPTIONS

Lol...this is hilarious. People want judges to call it like they see it and actually make a stand, but when one does that...LOOK OUT!!! DCP army ONTHEMARCH!!!! It's even better because the fuss is about a corps doing far better than expected ...

:w00t:

If you are referring to Blue Stars doing far better than expected, and you may not be, I think a lot of people are very proud of them for doing what their doing. I stated in another thread that they have a new fan in me. I think a lot of DC fans are glad to see a corps that once was in power to be back in the ranks....Spirit is kind of the same way. Once a power house in the late 70's early 80's, folded for a year, and now back to the top 12. I'd love to see Blue Stars make it in.

I just don't agree with 2nd place in Music and 5th in Tech....that's just me, and I'M NOT A JUDGE...nor would I want to be.