Cavaliers 60th Anniv - CAC888

Some thoughts about my experience in the MSARP in 2006, from the first rehearsal, seeing all those

"Madison Corps" jackets again, reconnecting with old brothers, meeting new brothers...some

of them legends in the activity, like Chris Metzger, Shaun Owens, Jon Schipper, the Ramthun

brothers,...original members from 1938 - Richard Goldberg and William Gandt. The energy and

intensityof rehearsals, the antics...especially the "Yee-Haw Summb#tches" in the Cymbal line...

After our last run through, playing Never Walk for the drums, guard, fans, and seeing people tearing up!!!

Tholo getting his comeupance from the contra line...all the times hearing Stewart say "Ooookay, listen up"

and being inspired by him every time...Ferrie telling us stories from the 70s, including the Trans Am incident...

Singing the imfamous hornline song on the bus on the way to Camp Randall..learning some

of the songs from the 70s guys...stepping out on that field again - to a crowd that was deafening at times...

the hit in Malaguena - the crowd so loud we could barely hear ourselves...and yes losing some weight...

although probably not as much as you guys in the CAC - we only had 11 rehearsal days and not as

much drill as you guys are marching.

It was a tremendous experience for me, and like Geno said, it was like instantly

transforming into a 20 year old again. The performances were great, but even greater was the bond

with the brotherhood and the tradition! I hope you guys have as great of a time together. Savor

every last bit of it because it goes by sooo fast!

We're right there with you, cousin. I read your post and it makes me choke up, and then I see your artwork and it makes me hungry....good GE post...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...all the times hearing Stewart say "Ooookay, listen up"

and being inspired by him every time..."

"ooookay... we're gonna set it up at letter J one more time... take it all the way through to the push. STOP at the push and don't move. Then you can have water."

"Baritone line... you are my FAVORITE section of the corps!"

"oookay... take it THROUGH the push this time...and stop. Don't go past that. And don't play this time, just sing. Drumline play as usual. Then you can have water."

"Sopranos... you are my FAVORITE section of the corps!"

etc. :ph34r:

:laughing:

Yeah CAC... have fun on the rehearsal field!! "Take it again" x 1000. :doh:

Edited by GGarrett

We're right there with you, cousin. I read your post and it makes me choke up, and then I see your artwork and it makes me hungry....good GE post...

Thanks Chris. Hopefully you won't choke up

while eating. Anyway, I sooo wish I could see the CAC performance live. Are you guys going to

offer a CD or DVD once this is done? Put me down for a copy!

Edited by madalumni

Why do we do this activity?

The friendship and lessons of respect are so eloquently captured in link and well-wishes from our friends, The Cadets. The feelings are mutual I can assure you! Thank you.

http://theholynamecadets.org/news.php

(it was '70 or 71' and we were "guests" of Garfield members in their homes -- a truly fun time no matter what we were throwing down on the field; such cool memories and even better running into a few of those folks over the years, and STILL friendly acquaintances.)

Edited by parkbench

A great tribute to three great corps from a member of amother great corps.

It's good to read stuff like that...

I haven't seen anything about it yet, but...

Is this going to be on the Fan Network semis webcast...? :laughing:

I didn't buy the stuff last year so I don't know if Kingsmen got up during semis. Can anyone confirm this?

Oh yeah. And Alumni/Reunion corps kick ###. I hope we get a huge one as a special guest at semis/finals every year for the rest of eternity.

I haven't seen anything about it yet, but...

Is this going to be on the Fan Network semis webcast...? :laughing:

I didn't buy the stuff last year so I don't know if Kingsmen got up during semis. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, last year Madison was indeed on the Webcast ... it seemed to take forever with all the stuff happening after final competitive corps, encore, setups, etc. but well worth the wait!

Our CAC888 director, Chris Hartowicz, informed us this week that DCI confirmed that our Anniv Corps performance will be broadcast and available on Fan Network. LOL -- already upgraded the HD system & PC connections for family/friends camping out at our home whom will not be able to make the trip to Indy.

We've got internal jokes already making the rounds about "those close-up (Tom) Blair Moments" -- an alumnus from the drumline himself. I'm anxious to see how our own Mike Boo handles playing while writing up the show review from his laptop in the pit during performance at the same time to make deadlines!

Edited by parkbench

Thanks Chris. Hopefully you won't choke up

while eating. Anyway, I sooo wish I could see the CAC performance live. Are you guys going to

offer a CD or DVD once this is done? Put me down for a copy!

Yes, we'll have something out, Jeff, but likely not for a couple months....all the post work & licensing and all that fun stuff has to be resolved first.

I think it's been answered already, but we will be on broadcast from Semi's, so let us know what you think afterwards.

Yes, we'll have something out, Jeff, but likely not for a couple months....all the post work & licensing and all that fun stuff has to be resolved first.

I think it's been answered already, but we will be on broadcast from Semi's, so let us know what you think afterwards.

Cool - I will definately be watching the broadcast...and purchase whatever is offered later! :laughing:

No pressure, huh? I missed the step-over in Crown's show -again - last night. How did it look? (My wife just doesn't get that I should not be bothered when I have the door closed and the sound is up...)

I hope I can get my step size figured out before I kill someone in the guard...