Regional and Contest Attendance

While we have debated in recent months that attendance at shows and regionals is dropping, I'm curious if we have any factual numbers. I've looked on DCI's webpage and can't find any.

I missed part of the webcast last night so I'm not sure if they announced attendance figures. Any hear anything?

To clarify, I'm not looking for "I was at the show and it seemed empty" OR "I've been to that show for 20 years and there was definately less people" OR "we just set an all time high attendance record"

Looking for factual numbers...

Well, they didn't publish actual numbers for the exhibition at the Rose Bowl on July 4th, but prior years without the drum corps crowd they had 30,000. With the drum corps crowd and reserved DCI section, I'd say we probably had about 35,000. Source: http://connect.pasadena.com/events/event/s...41728:Event:894

2007 Pasadena, CA World Championships:

“More than 50,000 tickets were sold for 2007 Championship Week events. Including those with VIP guest credentials, as well as our corporate partners, members of the media and non-competing corps members, more than 30,000 people enjoyed the World Championship Finals live in the Rose Bowl Stadium on Aug. 11,” said Kristy Holst, ticketing manager for Drum Corps International. “In terms of total attendance, this year’s Pasadena crowd surpasses any audience we’ve had since 1990 in Buffalo, N.Y.”

Source: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=1...2a-d4e124545486

Edited by PeeWee