spartans snareline

no it looks like a metal bar that is attached to the drum in a similar fashion to how you would mount a cowbell.

at least i think it's a metal bar....it sounds pretty cool and the texture would work very nicely in a section of a band show that i'm teaching.

Yea, my brother told me its just a metal bar. They went to home depot and just bout a length of pipe, cut it into like 8 inch sections, drilled a hole in it, and mounted it on the drum. Pretty low tech and low budget, but yea, they sound cool.

Edited by DrumLineDude08

Ahh.... the metal bar. Now I'm with you......

I've seen this metal bar deal done before. The sound is cool. The only catch is that is will not project through a big hornline. If you have a small hornline (like Spartans) it works great.

I guess it depends on what size band you teach.

On another front.......

I wish i heard more "metal" sounds in the Spartans show this year. The only metal sounds that are prominetly featured are propane tanks and break drums. At this point i think the "Metallic Soundscapes" aspect of the show is not being fully exploited. But what do i know........

Maybe they are trying to represent the "metal" by creating esoteric soundscapes that do not involve metal sounds. Who Knows...... :hehe:

What will these designers thin of next :tongue: