Mufreesboro

I've been to every Murfreesboro show since it went to the top 8 format, and I've loved it every year. It may not be relevant, but it's not supposed to be, is it? It's fun (for fans and, from what I've heard, performers too), it's sort of on the way to Atlanta, and it's big show in a part of the country that doesn't get too many big shows.

Sadly, I won't be able to make it tomorrow, but anyone who does needs to stop at the Slick Pig BBQ for chicken wings and banana pudding. It won't disappoint. And if you're in town early, be sure to check out the Stones River Battlefield for a chilling lesson in American history.

I, for one, am heading for the Slick Pig!!

Edited by CavRookoutMom

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes, don't you have to wonder what the staffs really think?

Wouldn't it be frustrating to be battling to hold on to 8th and have to miss a rehearsal day to perform in this show? The worst thing is that you have to go on early, so you don't even really get a shot at having a substantial show-day rehearsal. The only obvious competitive perk is another performance experience and the slight *possible* score bump.

I guess the good news to this scenario would be that the 9th place corps has to perform twice in one day and will have absolutely NO rehearsal day. But then again, the 9th place corps could have a full day of rehearsal on the day of Murfreesboro because they wouldn't have a show day. 6 of one and a half dozen of another I guess. :laughing::doh:

Edited by BACMom

Is this the official Murfreesboro thread? If so:

Listed in reverse order of performance

Blue Devils - Concord, CA

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Start time: (6:00 WST) (7:00 MST) *8:00 PM CST* (9:00 EST Late Night . . .)

http://www.goblueraiders.com/weather.cfm

murfreesboro_1.jpgmurfreesboro_floyd1.jpg

Even if some of he fans may think it is not relevant, trust me, it is relevant to the corps. If you don't think so, just ask the members of some of the corps that didn't make it. :laughing:

Cheer up Mom. they earned it in 08 and in 07, send me a mail if you need the reasoning.

Your child is so fortunate to belong to a group that is so focused on the performance. I used to think, yeah, yeah, yeah but over the years I have learned that this is really true.

Also, my complements to the management of BAC, a major change at the top, no drama and strong as can be in 08.

Cheer up Mom. they earned it in 08 and in 07, send me a mail if you need the reasoning.

Your child is so fortunate to belong to a group that is so focused on the performance. I used to think, yeah, yeah, yeah but over the years I have learned that this is really true.

Also, my complements to the management of BAC, a major change at the top, no drama and strong as can be in 08.

:laughing:

As long as people continue to attend and enjoy Murfreesboro, it's relevant in my book.

Thanks everyone. I am so excited about going tomorrow. Murfreesboro....WOW. I was in Pioneer when I marched 29 years ago, we didn't know of such a place.

Plus I get to see Carolina Crown's awesome show and hear that incredible horn line.....what's not to like (besides the Georgia Dome.....haha).

Good Luck Crown, and march tall Floppy Hat Nick!!

Sometimes, don't you have to wonder what the staffs really think?

Wouldn't it be frustrating to be battling to hold on to 8th and have to miss a rehearsal day to perform in this show? The worst thing is that you have to go on early, so you don't even really get a shot at having a substantial show-day rehearsal. The only obvious competitive perk is another performance experience and the slight *possible* score bump.

To me this show should be a considered a "dress rehearsal". If you look it at that way then you will see that they did get a rehearsal in after all. I'm sure they get to rehearse before the show at Murfreesoboro.

What do you mean going on early? The show starts at like 6 p.m., so they get a rehearsal in anyway. It's not a long drive to Atlanta from Murfreesboro.

Personally I love this show, wish I could go this year. Last year was a great show.

Edited by Lancerlady

To me this show should be a considered a "dress rehearsal". If you look it at that way then you will see that they did get a rehearsal in after all. I'm sure they get to rehearse before the show at Murfreesoboro.

What do you mean going on early? The show starts at like 6 p.m., so they get a rehearsal in anyway. It's not a long drive to Atlanta from Murfreesboro.

Personally I love this show, wish I could go this year. Last year was a great show.

I agree. Just fun to consider all perspectives! I love the show.

I've been to every Murfreesboro show since it went to the top 8 format, and I've loved it every year. It may not be relevant, but it's not supposed to be, is it? It's fun (for fans and, from what I've heard, performers too), it's sort of on the way to Atlanta, and it's big show in a part of the country that doesn't get too many big shows.

Sadly, I won't be able to make it tomorrow, but anyone who does needs to stop at the Slick Pig BBQ for chicken wings and banana pudding. It won't disappoint. And if you're in town early, be sure to check out the Stones River Battlefield for a chilling lesson in American history.

Ohhhhh, the Slick Pig...it is so good you will lick your fingers clean to the bone with the flavor! Try the smoked chicken wings; they are different and to die for. (If you are a chicken, that is... :tongue: )