Cadets' Scores

What's so demanding that the judges don't get it? IMO the judges are placing them exactly where they belong because the show isn't as effective as others in their neighborhood. IMO, the fatal mistake they made was trying to force a show around a story line that sounded like something an 8th grader would write. On top of that they have their stage and all the characters so far upstage that they can't connect with the audience. The Cadets are still a great corps, but their package isn't going to hang in the top three IMO.

I'd say that's true for the GE judge. Everything else is supposed to be based on demand and execution.

Its all a game; sometimes you play and win others you play and lose. Either way you must play

I'm not saying the Cadets should be number 1. What I's saying is this: although it is a big part of the score, GE is not everything. Judges may not yet be seeing the difficulty and exposure the Cadets offer. I also think they may be swayed by the lack of crowd response. IMHO the Cadets show is far more challenging for the members. Listen to what the horn line is playing compared with some other of the top corps. Listen how many times the horn line plays fast, difficult stuff as an ensemble compared with the ¼ notes of the others. Look at how the drill continues to become more challenging every show. Yes, I'll agree the GE is just not there. (I don't like the stage at all and I wouldn't be upset if they dropped the narration). And, perhaps the drum line is struggling. The only other top groups I see that challenge their members the same way are Bluecoats and Crown and I think their scores are warranted. (That ought to stir up the hornet's nest).

I agree with you to some degree. I thought the Cadets should have won last year for the reasons and comparisons you suggest. But, this years package just doesn't flow or have the same design qualities as last years IMO. There's still a couple of weeks left though, and I'd never count the Cadets out.

You obviously have not watched any other shows. The Cadets have one fast section. Please, before you make comments, make sure that you have actually watched all of the shows. They have not cornered the market on difficulty. The judges have placed the Cadets properly. In fact I would not be suprised to see SCV and Bluecoats both pass them by finals. This is just not a well thought out show and I do not see any way that the Cadets can rewrite it without changing the whole premise. Because it is impossible to rewrite the whole premise at this point, I do not expect any great change in their show except little things like having a child run on the field. Their placement is a result of their design team. The kids are great and performing as well as they can. There performance is on par with any of the top corps. Once more: Blame the design team! They have let the corps down this year.

You obviously have not watched any other shows. The Cadets have one fast section. Please, before you make comments, make sure that you have actually watched all of the shows. They have not cornered the market on difficulty. The judges have placed the Cadets properly. In fact I would not be suprised to see SCV and Bluecoats both pass them by finals. This is just not a well thought out show and I do not see any way that the Cadets can rewrite it without changing the whole premise. Because it is impossible to rewrite the whole premise at this point, I do not expect any great change in their show except little things like having a child run on the field. Their placement is a result of their design team. The kids are great and performing as well as they can. There performance is on par with any of the top corps. Once more: Blame the design team! They have let the corps down this year.

I have watched all of the shows. But after going to West Chester last night and seeing them live again, I am rethinking my position. Thanks to everyone for your opinions.