Charlotte Reviews?

Could anyone comment on last night's Charlotte show? The Crossmen took a big hit.

I am surprised no one is writing a review on Night Beat - I figured they had a big turnout!

Indeed! Biggest crowd in their 21-year history! I can't write a review as I was working on the front sideline and couldn't see/hear from up high.

Weather was perfect, Rondinaro was a hoot, the stadium was full...drum corps is awesome! Kumbaya! :ph34r::huh: :huh: :huh::ph34r:

I can vouch for that too. I don't have time for a detailed review either.

But as a guy who has only seen west-coast shows before (including 2007 finals), it was a great surprise to me that the Nightbeat show was happening in Charlotte at the same time I would be in town for a conference. And only 1 mile from my hotel too.

I got to see BD for a 2nd time (saw them at Stanford), but everyone else was new to me this year.

And while I am a big BD fan, I certainly appreciate every show I see. At the end of the evening, I thought the BD undefeated streak was over. I thought the Cavies outperformed them myself and Crown had the crowd. Since they both came after BD in the lineup, I thought the possibility was certainly there.

Nonetheless, it was a great event. But it was a hot and humid night and I respect the heck out of the corps and the supporters that do this every day.