What is up with the drum scores ni Allentown (friday)

A full point different between the drum judges in Allentown Friday for Bluecoats?!?!?! Really??? I know and respect Jeff Prosperie, but who is the other guy? If someone knows, please let me know. I do no want to bash someone I have no info on.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A full point different between the drum judges in Allentown Friday for Bluecoats?!?!?! Really??? I know and respect Jeff Prosperie, but who is the other guy? If someone knows, please let me know. I do no want to bash someone I have no info on.

Don't question drum scores. You can say you respect someone all you want, but don't bash them or their score they give....trust me. Just go with the score and agree with it....it's the word.

Edited by jsualumnus

I thought there were two drum judges because they were actually judging different things? They're not both on the field judging the same thing at the same time. That would be silly. They don't converse with one another about the scores they are going to give.

Judging is stupid anyway.

I know Jeff because I went to UNT with him and know what he feels is an accomplished percussion section. My question is, before I decide to bash or not, who is the other judge, and what is his background? I can question whatever I would like to question, within reason. I would just like to know more about the other judge. Word or no word. Dig?

I know Jeff because I went to UNT with him and know what he feels is an accomplished percussion section. My question is, before I decide to bash or not, who is the other judge, and what is his background? I can question whatever I would like to question, within reason. I would just like to know more about the other judge. Word or no word. Dig?

Oh yeah...dig....on your side. I just don't want to see you get slammed by someone who would take you the wrong way...

Cool. You marched with my buddy Matt Dammes. He was our Grad assistant at Southern Miss for a while. I dug the 90 line a lot at Spirit.

Edited by ekrebs102

Cool. You marched with my buddy Matt Dammes. He was our Grad assistant at Southern Miss for a while. I dug the 90 line a lot at Spirit.

thanks man....Liked Matt a lot, and hung with him a bunch. Incredible hands....what is he up to now? we worked together at Great Southern Percussion making carriers before the 90' season.

I am still up with Matt through Facebook. He seems to be doing well. Send me a message and I give you his information. I just checked out the "other" judge's info. He is a Bluecoats alum and former instructor according to some bio info I found. And he marched and taught with several of my good friends. I guess it's just the subjective nature of the activity. He seems qualified to me. But a point difference is pretty big.

Ok, ..... Go BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I saw the show in Ft. Walton Beach. I dug it and was able to take two of my nephews (who are drummers) to the show. They should be Bluecoats alums at some point.

Honk.

I am still up with Matt through Facebook. He seems to be doing well. Send me a message and I give you his information. I just checked out the "other" judge's info. He is a Bluecoats alum and former instructor according to some bio info I found. And he marched and taught with several of my good friends. I guess it's just the subjective nature of the activity. He seems qualified to me. But a point difference is pretty big.

Ok, ..... Go BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I saw the show in Ft. Walton Beach. I dug it and was able to take two of my nephews (who are drummers) to the show. They should be Bluecoats alums at some point.

Honk.

right on....I'll send you a PM for Matt...I've thought about him over the years...I questioned a score and did say some things about the judge..."ears"...and was blasted...I highly respect him, but thought his score differential was way off.....got slammed by several dudes.

Did you get a chance to check out any lines in Ft Walton? I knew Mike McIntosh very well when I marched and he's truly an incredible teacher and player....another Johnson or Float.

Percussion Judge 1 is in the stands. Percussion Judge 2 is on the field. That's two totally different perspectives.

You hear things on the field you don't hear in the stands.

You get an overall impression in the stands you don't get on the field.