This isn't a review of the show, but a review of an overall great night of drum corps.

First, a big thank you to Syracuse for a really well run show. The stadium was great, the food was great and the showers were AWESOME!!!!!!!! An awesome shower followed by a good meal...........who could ask for more, but there was.........................

Empire.....................TALK ABOUT A TOTALLY ENTERTAINING CORPS................................!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup: Being that Fusion did it's FIRST EVER :thumbup::thumbup: Victory concert, we stayed behind to watch Empire do theirs after ours and we had so much fun watching you guys. Not only were you fun to watch, but it was a really great performance. I'm a horn player and I loved watching the drumline and pit!!! I do have to say the quintet (maybe a sextet) that was featured was AWESOME and I have one request...............CAN I HAVE YOUR MELLOPHONE SOLOISTS AUTOGRAPH!!!!!!!!!!!!! From one mellophone player to another.......................YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUDGE, it was nice to be on the field (ALMOST TOGETHER) again. Marylou..........well, your adorable!!!! :smile: Tim Eick, good to see you back on the field playing MELLOPHONE - THE MOST BEAUTIFUL INSTRUMENT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Bruni was GORGEOUS and ENTERTAINING as usual :winky: .

I'm so glad that our "new to drum corps" members once again got a chance to experience the commorodity that went on between drum corps this weekend. They got to see what drum corps REALLY IS ALL ABOUT. We also had some nice conversations with some of the people from Kingston Grenadiers marching onto Retreat. This whole weekend reminded me of why I've been in this activity for so long.

Rochester, AS ALWAYS YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST. Thanks so much for sharing your lodging with us this weekend. FUSION LOVES YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!

Again, sorry, not a review of the show, but more a review of just a GREAT NIGHT OF DRUM CORPS.

Empire.....................TALK ABOUT A TOTALLY ENTERTAINING CORPS................................!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup: Being that Fusion did it's FIRST EVER :thumbup::thumbup: Victory concert, we stayed behind to watch Empire do theirs after ours and we had so much fun watching you guys. Not only were you fun to watch, but it was a really great performance.

Wow. You are too kind! I know that our entire corps really appreciated that Fusion was there to watch us, and that they also really enjoyed getting the opportunity to see you in your first Victory Concert. What a cool experience for all of us!!! (Unfortunately I didn't get to watch you upfront - I was behind the stadium looking for our pit trailor...we didn't know where it parked...From what I could hear, it sounds like you guys have a fun show! You sounded great!)

I can't speak for everyone, but as an individual, I couldn't have been more excited to see Fusion Core win Class A last night. To see a new corps on the rise, especially one in its second year of existence do what you guys are doing- well it’s an amazing and special, thing to see. To our fellow hatless entertainment corps- congratulations and thank you. You made our victory concert more fun to perform, too, that’s for sure! It was fun cheering on and briefly chatting with some of your pitsters before the victory concert, and during the concert I loved making eye contact with a number of your members parked in front of the pit. So, so cool to make those connections as a performer. Thank you so much for that!!!!! You guys ROCK!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! (:

I also have to say- Saturday at lunch I was talking with a fellow corps members who had marched with the Grenadiers in '05, and how it was so sad and a huge shame that they had to "fold." It’s a sad day for the entire drum corps activity when any corps needs to take a year or more off. It really is. I also hated seeing that it was our only Canadian corps. Especially after their Class A world championship in '04. So, I'm sure you could imagine my utter surprise, excitement and happiness to see the Bright Yellow and shinning Maple Leafs marching to the field Saturday. YES!!!!!!!! Grennies are back! That is really, really, really awesome! I hope you are having a great season and having a fantastic time out there. WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

(That’s right, I live under a rock-so I really didn't know this until Saturday...)

Ok, time to go back to sleep.

Edited by phoenix_aurora

This isn't a review of the show, but a review of an overall great night of drum corps.

First, a big thank you to Syracuse for a really well run show. The stadium was great, the food was great and the showers were AWESOME!!!!!!!! An awesome shower followed by a good meal...........who could ask for more, but there was.........................

Empire.....................TALK ABOUT A TOTALLY ENTERTAINING CORPS................................!!!!!!!!!! :smile::smile: Being that Fusion did it's FIRST EVER :tongue::smile: Victory concert, we stayed behind to watch Empire do theirs after ours and we had so much fun watching you guys. Not only were you fun to watch, but it was a really great performance. I'm a horn player and I loved watching the drumline and pit!!! I do have to say the quintet (maybe a sextet) that was featured was AWESOME and I have one request...............CAN I HAVE YOUR MELLOPHONE SOLOISTS AUTOGRAPH!!!!!!!!!!!!! From one mellophone player to another.......................YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUDGE, it was nice to be on the field (ALMOST TOGETHER) again. Marylou..........well, your adorable!!!! :smile: Tim Eick, good to see you back on the field playing MELLOPHONE - THE MOST BEAUTIFUL INSTRUMENT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Bruni was GORGEOUS and ENTERTAINING as usual :smile: .

I'm so glad that our "new to drum corps" members once again got a chance to experience the commorodity that went on between drum corps this weekend. They got to see what drum corps REALLY IS ALL ABOUT. We also had some nice conversations with some of the people from Kingston Grenadiers marching onto Retreat. This whole weekend reminded me of why I've been in this activity for so long.

Rochester, AS ALWAYS YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST. Thanks so much for sharing your lodging with us this weekend. FUSION LOVES YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!

Again, sorry, not a review of the show, but more a review of just a GREAT NIGHT OF DRUM CORPS.

Holly,

Fusion is OUTSTANDING!!!! You have no idea how impressive your Victory Concert was --- with NO HATS. We saw the passion. YOU have an amazing 25 years ahead of you!

Also,

Let me get this straight : David Bruni is "Gorgeous" and you want Mellophone Soloist Jimmy Steele's Autograph.

That is SO kind of you - those two really need any little boost to their self confidence they can get. Maybe now they'll come out of their shells.

Holly,

Fusion is OUTSTANDING!!!! You have no idea how impressive your Victory Concert was --- with NO HATS. We saw the passion. YOU have an amazing 25 years ahead of you!

Also,

Let me get this straight : David Bruni is "Gorgeous" and you want Mellophone Soloist Jimmy Steele's Autograph.

That is SO kind of you - those two really need any little boost to their self confidence they can get. Maybe now they'll come out of their shells.

Nice!

Holly,

Also,

OH MY GOSH............THAT IS SOOOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M CRYING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, thanks I needed that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone so much for your kind words. It means so much to us, it really does.

It's been so much fun so far and we can't wait for the LLLOOOONNNNNGGGGG road ahead!!!

Thanks everyone so much for your kind words. It means so much to us, it really does.

It's been so much fun so far and we can't wait for the LLLOOOONNNNNGGGGG road ahead!!!

The Corps looked great Holly. Congrats to you and the rest of the team! See you soon! :tongue:

Holly,

Also,

Tommy!!!!!! After reading this I now HAVE to have YOUR autograph.....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M CRYING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup: THERE'S NO CRYING IN DRUM "CORE", HOLLY!!!!! :worthy: