Finals Week Housing / Rehearsal Sites

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they see your car pull in, they will come up to you and remind you that the rehearsals are closed and ask you to leave. If they are rehearsing in a stadium, they very well may lock the gates of the stadium so that no one can approach. It is also not uncommon for corps to stay at one school and travel to a remote rehearsal site that very few people even within the support staff on tour with them at the time know the location of. In '89, we traveled to a set of soccer fields 30 minutes away from the school we were staying at and had morning and afternoon rehearsals there everyday of finals week. Only the drivers and corps director knewn where it was and how to get there.

Do they also ask family and alumni to leave?

Do they also ask family and alumni to leave?

Yes. They're even more of a distraction than just general fans.

Blue Stars are having closed rehearsals too this week. Yes, I will miss seeing my son practice, but I fully understand the reasoning. Too many peole can be a distraction to the members and the staff. The few days they have left should be totally focused on their task at hand, which is to perfect the show they have been working on since November. I get to have him from Sunday through Thanksgiving :tongue: .

Yes. They're even more of a distraction than just general fans.

To each their own, I guess. I think it sounds cruel to lock out the people that support the corps the most during the most exciting part of the season. Besides, don't the corps members learn to block out distractions while rehearsing and performing? I know I was taught to do that.

Too many peole can be a distraction to the members and the staff. The few days they have left should be totally focused on their task at hand, which is to perfect the show they have been working on since November. I get to have him from Sunday through Thanksgiving.

EXACTLY!

I know where the GLASSMEN are stayin !!! But I aint tellin !!!! He He Heeeeeeeeee He! :tongue:

This seems to happen most every year to one corps at least.

Yeah, Madison Scouts and Cadets got screwed. That's way too far to travel. All other corps are a hop, skip, and a jump from Bloomington compared to them. I guess they could not find anything along I-65 or I-70. Pendleton is almost to Anderson. Madison Scouts might as well been in Evansville.

Edited by gbell211

Rudi man

May see you there if I knew who you were. I'm just grateful that dam_ storm that sprung out of nowhere in the gulf did not hit us hard enough to change our plans. My wife and I are going to see our first DCI championship weekend. Woooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!